47; Cutting Ties

ZHUBAO

"Thanks for tonight, Zhubao..." Hang smiled warmly.

"Nah, thank you too," I replied, feeling a swell of gratitude in my chest.

As Hang offered his arm, my heart fluttered, but I hesitated. "No, thank you, but I have a friend coming to pick me up..."

"Who's picking you up, are you sure?" Hang's concern was evident in his voice. "Is it someone I know?"

"Yeah, it's Yu Zeyu," I reassured him, smiling softly. "You know me..."

"Alright, take care," Zhubao said, gently caressing my cheek before kissing my forehead. "I'll wait for you..."

"No, go to bed now. Don't wait up for me, I'll be back soon," I insisted, returning his smile. "I'll check in on you."

"Okay, I'll head off then. Take care, my love, and don't do anything reckless," Hang said as he waved goodbye and drove away.

I waited a moment to ensure he was gone before someone unexpectedly grabbed my hand. Reacting instinctively, I twisted their arm before realizing it was him.

"Junhao?" I released his arm, surprised to see him.

He scratched his head sheepishly, his expression reflecting genuine surprise. "You're really strong..."

"Don't sneak up on me like that again," I scolded gently, noticing how dashing he looked in his black outfit and silver watch.

Caught off guard by his attractiveness, I quickly averted my gaze. Junhao chuckled nervously. "Hey, I said don't stare..."

"Oh, you're blushing," I blurted out, feeling a bit flustered.

"Let's go," Junhao said, offering his arm, which I gratefully accepted as we began to walk.

"Thank you," I smiled sincerely.

"Don't laugh at me," he protested.

"I'm not," I giggled, feeling a sense of warmth between us.

"You are," Junhao insisted, opening the car door.

"You're driving?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, my driver has an urgent," he explained, guiding me into the car. "Good thing I have a license..."

"A student license?" I teased lightly.

"Nah, I'll get a pro one soon. I'm almost legal," Junhao replied with a grin. "Alright, let's head out. It's getting late."

"Okay," I agreed, and we set off, arriving at his lavish home after a short drive.

As we entered the gates, Junhao parked his car in the expansive garage filled with luxury vehicles. "You seem to like cars."

"This one's my favorite," he admitted, opening my door and assisting me out.

"Lambo and it is a Veneno Roadster," I chuckled, enjoying his company despite my initial reluctance. "That's the most expensive Lambo, is it?"

"Yeah, I guess." he shrugged, however, upon reaching the front doors, I decided to act on my plan to avoid going inside. "Did you forget something here?"

Junhao looked puzzled. "No, I didn't. Remember, I told you this morning?"

"What, seriously, Junhao?" I feigned forgetfulness, hoping to escape meeting his parents. "Do not fool around."

"Come on, don't be shy. Do you want the guards to catch us up here?" Junhao teased, trying to coax me inside.

I resisted, clinging to the door frame. "No, I told you—"