The Epilogue

"Daddy, why doesn't she look like us?" Oliver asked Logan with a pout as he was tucked into bed.

Logan sighed, "How about I tell you a bedtime story?"

"But that doesn't answer-"

"Many years ago, before you were born, there was an alpha. He searched high and low for his mate. When he found her, he loved her in every way possible. He wanted her all to himself and didn't want to share. But somehow, she had another mate. A vampire."

Oliver gasped, "No way!"

Logan chuckled, "Yes way. It turns out, the girl was very sick and the vampire was actually keeping her alive with his blood. She had know idea it was happening, let alone that the vampire existed. The alpha was furious, but continued to love her. His mate soon found out however, as the need for the vampires blood grew. She was weakening-"

"Did she become a vampire?!" Oliver screeched.

"No, she did not. Anyways-"

"But if she needed the blood-"

"Oliver, the blood was just keeping her alive. It was temporarily healing her. Now back to to the story! The mate got weaker and weaker until one day, she danced until her heart stopped beating."

"She dances just like mommy?" Oliver's eyes lit up with joy.

Logan smiled down at his son and reached down, ruffling the boy's black hair. "Exactly like mommy." He glanced out the doorway, then continued the story. "The alpha's mate died in his arms. He was devastated. But that's when the truth came out. The vampire began to panic, and told the alpha what he really was." Oliver's eyes widened. "The vampire was the son of the devil himself. He was part vampire, part demon; and he was feeding the alpha's mate his blood."

"He was a demon?!"

Logan nodded. "The blood began to flow in her system, turning her into a hybrid that no one has ever seen produced. She became the first hellhound of werewolf decent. With demon blood in her veins along with the werewolf gene, she could control fire, she was faster and stronger than any wolf or vampire; she was unstoppable. She bravely faced the challenges of being who she was, and chose the alpha, accepting the role as Luna."

"Yay!" Oliver cheered happily.

"The story isn't over squirt," Logan laughed. "She then had to go through many traitorous pack members, who were trying to steal the alpha from her. She loved him and wouldn't let that happen. She accepted every challenge they threw at her and spared their lives each time. They all ran off and became rogues. Then, the vampire's father wanted to use the Luna as an experiment to create more hellhounds. But she fought him off."

"Woah.."

"Now here's where it gets interesting; all the ex-pack members that ran away, joined together to create a rogue army. They said, either they get the Luna or they attack the pack."

"Oh no! What did they do?" The boy cried.

"The alpha wanted to hide the Luna away in a safe place, but she was stubborn and strong. She wanted to protect her pack like the amazing Luna she was. So she fought until she had no other choice but to sacrifice herself for the sake of her pack." Logan took a long shaky breath, "She died, once again, in the arms of her mate."

"No! Daddy, please don't tell me it ends like this!"

"It doesn't, Oliver. The Luna's bravery and selflessness didn't go unnoticed by the moon goddess, Selene. Selene personally spoke to the luna and gave her a gift. She replaced every demon gene, with her own. The luna came back to life, but instead of living through the darkness, she had the power of light. She lived happily, getting married to the alpha, and having a baby boy. The moon goddess, however, had granted one more gift, not to the luna, but the Luna's first born female. All of Selene's genes would transfer into the baby girl, making her different in every way."

Although he looked puzzled, Oliver said, "But it's a good different though. Right, daddy? Because she's like Selene."

"Exactly, little man. Exactly. So the baby girl was prophesied to grow up to be the perfect example of love, kindness, life, laughter, and light. Selene, of course put a little too much of herself into the child, and made her look nothing like her mother and father!" Logan growled out, annoyed, as he glared up at the ceiling. He cleared his throat, "But anyways, the girl was beautiful nonetheless. She was born with a little bit of white hair and had sparkling blue eyes. Everyone loved her and-"

"The baby is Ophelia isn't it?" Oliver deadpanned. "Don't get me wrong, dad, I loved the story. But you could've just answered my question instead of dragging it out like this. See, now it's past my bedtime!" He pointed across the room to a digital clock. Logan's mouth opened and closed like a fish. He didn't know what to say. "So mommy died twice, you competed with a vampire for her love, you had me, then mommy had Ophelia, and Ophelia looks different because she's part moon goddess?"

"I-uh-mph... Um, yeah. Sure, I-uh, I guess that's pretty much right..." Logan's eyes brows furrowed as he stared down at his smirking four year old son. "You are just like your mother, you know that?"

Oliver giggled, "I know, mommy says it's a good thing. Goodnight, daddy. Tell Ophelia I said goodnight too, okay?" He snuggled down into the blankets of his race car bed and closed his eyes.

Logan stood up, walking over to turn off the light with a smile. "Will do, little man. Goodnight."

~And that, is the beginning of a whole new story~