Chapter 42

My eyes opened for what seemed like the first time. I was in a field, resembling the one behind the pack house. There weren't bodies laying around, but flowers covered the yard. The sky was a perfect blue, with clouds and a bright and warm sun. Instead of a pack house, the was a gazebo. A white haired woman stood there with her back to me.

"Excuse me? Am I dead?" I shouted.

I could hear her melodic chuckle. As she turned to face me, I felt at ease and calm. "Only temporarily, child."

I nodded and walked towards her. "So I guess I have to figure something out. That's why I'm here, isn't it?"

She looked taken back, but a smile crept it's way back onto her face. "Yes, I suppose it is. You're very smart, I'll give you that."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm Selene by the way." From reading previous books on werewolves, I knew exactly who she was; the Moon Goddess. "I'm here to give you a choice. You will certainly live, but you can change who you are. You can keep the hellhound bloodline going, where Lucifer will continuously try to use you and offspring for power. Or, I can replace the demon blood that's laced in your DNA with something different."

"You can't just take out the demon part and leave it at that? I meant that with the least amount of disrespect, of course."

She shook her head with a chuckle, "I'm afraid not. Look at it as a ladder. There's two sides and the little steps in between. If you take away one of the sides, the ladder falls apart. Correct?" She paused to make sure I understood. "One side is werewolf, the other is demon. If I were to take the demon side away with out a replacement, it would break you."

"Oh," was all that I could say.

"So I would very much like to replace it with it's opposite. Would you allow me to reprogram your DNA with part of my own?"

I stared at her before I just burst out laughing. "Well, dang-flabet." Her eyes widened. "Uh... Sure, why not? It wouldn't be the weirdest thing that ever happened to me. Go for it!"

She looked at me strangely, "Ms. Calypso, it will be painful." I shrugged. Selene smiled at me before placing her hands in my shoulders, "You're stronger than I thought you'd be." She closed her eyes and began to over write my entire existence.

Logan's POV

With my arms wrapped around Tyler, I stared at her face in shock. After everything, she couldn't just die like this! Kaiden appeared at my side with a quilt and some water but froze at the sight of the limp girl in my arms. "No," he dropped everything to the ground. "She can't be... She wasn't wearing the necklace..."

Before I could question him, the body twitched. It twitched again and again unto a bright white light's rays burst from her chest where her heart should be. Her scratched and bruised skin began to heal into a flawless porcelain as her hair began to whip in a wind that was only around her. She was glowing, radiant and serene. She began to float into the air, like a small sun she shined. Frankie ran up and groaned.  "Not again! She's got to be the least normal out of all of us," he mumbled.

Out of a cloud of smoke, Lucifer appeared by Kaiden's side. "No! What are you doing!" His eyes began to glow red as long menacing claws sprouted from his fingers.  I stepped back and in front of Tyler's body protectively along with her brother and Kaiden. "She belonged in hell. Her soul would have begun a hybrid army! What's happening to it?"

"Her curse is reversing," a small, confident voice came from behind him. Tori with her clouded over eyes, spoke the unknown with a smile. She must have been let out of the safe house with the rest of the pack. "Because of her choices, Selene granted her a gift. Any trance of demon blood was erased from her existence and replaced with part of Selene herself."

Frankie placed his hands on Kaiden and my shoulders. Boys, something isn't right. He's getting really angry, Frankie used is magic to create a link between the three of us.

Kaiden nodded, There's a reason. Not only is the transformation ruining his chance at more power, but she will have the power to officially destroy him. Before, she had enough power to take over hell. Now, she will have the power to kill him once and for all.

My eyes widened, How do you know?

Kaiden smirked and chuckled at the ground, Bad breakup a long, long.... long time ago. Selene has always had the power to destroy my father. It's not her job though, she looks after the wolves.

"I can't allow this," Lucifer stepped forward, only to be shot at with a ray of light.

"And I can't allow you to not allow this." Tyler's bell-like voice rang. She giggled from in the air as we all just looked up at she in surprise. "You know, Lucifer, when someone tells you to gets lost, you really shouldn't come back. That shot wasn't meant to hit you. It was a warning. But next time, you won't be so lucky." He roared, shaking the ground with fury. He glared at my beautiful mate one last time before disappearing in a cloud of smoke like he came from. Tyler hovered down gracefully until her feet touched the ground. "Well that was fun! Boy do I have a story to tell you guys!" She hugged her brother and Kaiden before hugging me and going over to her little sister and picking her up.

"Well we have time," Frankie chuckled.

"Yeah..." she trailed off, "But I'd rather tell it to you over pizza!" Giggling along with the girl in her arms, ran ran off towards the pack house, calling out for everyone to follow. "Ryder! Star! Someone call for Papa John's! Dominos! Pizza Hut! No! Call all of them! This is a pizza emergency!"

And that's how we got the old Tyler back.