Chapter 2

My cousin's party was over a week ago, and I can't help but feel like I forgot something behind. Almost as if something was missing.

I grabbed my bag and walked inside the studio. "Morning, Claudette! How was your weekend?" I asked the woman at the front office.

"Very good, thank you for asking. My son and his friend came to visit. They said they're here searching for some lost girl. 'Said she ran away, and the guy that loves her is all torn up about it."

I placed my hand over my heart, sorry for the couple. "That's so sad. I hope they find her."

I walked into the room of mirrors and placed my bag on the ground. Dancing has always been something that makes me happy. It calms me down and allows me to show how I feel through movement.

As I warmed up, I heard a scream in the main lobby. I panicked and ran to the door to see if Claudette was alright. I know, stupid move Tyler! What if there was a serial killer?!

Well I'd mess him up... cowardly lion style... and run away. I like living thanks very much, therefore, I'd run like a fat kid to an ice cream truck.

I peaked out the doorway, only to see Claudette squealing like a little girl. She jumped out from behind the desk and ran around it. Her little arms wrapped around the waist of a tall young man, around my age, maybe a little older. "Hey, mama. Just thought I'd stop by before leaving."

Ohhh, so that's her son. He's cute...but not as cute as Logan. Wait! What?!

"Aw, do you have to leave so soon? But Ryder, you only got here a few days ago." She pouted.

Ryder hugged his mom. "I know mama, but the Alpha didn't find her. He's beginning to think the girl he asked lied to him about her location." Alpha. There's that word again!

Claudette frowned, "That poor boy. Where is he anyways? Tell him to get in here and say goodbye to his favorite aunt!" Ryder laughed and nodded.

Was he gonna take out his phone and text him or something?

He didn't. Instead, he just continued talking. "So how's work? Anyone here today? Any classes?"

Claudette shrugged, "Just my usual friend. She's got talent beyond belief! Shes here so much, I consider her to be my daughter! She's here everyday, and even helps teaching classes. She's wonderful, you'll have to meet her!" I blushed at the description. Claudette was like my second mom. She taught me how to dance and let's me hang out here everyday. This place is like my second home!

He laughs, "She sounds great, mama."

"Oh she is-"

Suddenly the front door slammed open, causing us all to flinch. "WHERE IS SHE!?"

I gasped and got out of the door frame. It's him! It's the guy! It's-Its-

"Who, Logan?" Ryder asked.

Listening in on the conversation, I heard a deep, animalistic, growl.

"The girl. I know she's here." Logan snarled.

Claudette whimpered in fear, "Logan, sweetie," the was a roar that cut her off, "My apologies, Alpha...the only one here is Tyler."

"Are you calling me a liar, Ms. Claudette?"

"No, Alpha. I-"

"I know my mates scent. Once I walked through the door I knew she was here. So again I ask; Where. Is. She?!"

I began hyperventilating, tears weld up in my eyes as I slid down the wall and onto the floor.

"I don't know, Alpha. She could be in any of the classrooms."

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming up the hallway. I got on all fours and crawled as fast as I could over to the janitorial closet in the back corner of the room. Once I was in, I quietly closed to door and listened.

Stomp, stomp, stomp. Slam! Growl.

Footsteps were always followed by a door slamming open and a growl.

Stomp, stomp, stomp. Slam! Growl.

I could hear him coming closer and closer each time. He was probably just a room away.

"Alpha, maybe you should calm down. Just a little bit. You wolf is out. Go back to being Logan. If she is here, you don't want to scare her off." Ryder said, comforting Logan.

Wolf is out? What does that mean? These people are nuts!!

I heard a sigh, "Yeah, I guess you're right. Besides, I don't even think she's here. I can't really catch her scent anymore. All I smell are cleaning supplies."

I sighed in relief. Oh thank the God of Lightning! Thor, my love, you have done it again! He's giving up! That psycho can't find me! I'm going to live!

Reaching up to dramatically wipe my forehead in relief, I may have accidentally knocked a mop over. "Oh crayola," I hissed.

Light was suddenly let into the closet, making me shield my eyes. "Ah, the light! It burns! I'm melting, MELTING! What a world, what a world!" I screeched, impersonating the witch for Wizard of Oz. I opened one eye and pouted. "Wow, you guys don't really have much of a sense of humor. Wizard of Oz jokes are classics."

Ryder's eyebrows were raised, amusement could be seen in his eyes. Logan just had a blank face. He stood there emotionless. Like a statue to be exact. A big, chiseled, muscular, handsome... No!

I bit my lip, thinking of what to do. Well Tyler, you're in a janitorial closet. There's a bucket of water of the floor, a mop in your hand, and two humongous men in front of you.

I handed Ryder the mop, "Can you hold this for a second? Yeah, great, thanks." I reached down, lifting the bucket into my arms. On the count of three, Tyler. You an do it. One... two... Thor please help me...Three!!

I flung the contents of the bucket onto the guys, soaking them from head to toe. Using that as a distraction, I grabbed the mop from Ryder's hands, held it horizontally, and pushed the guys with all my might, causing them to slip and fall backwards.

Once they hit the ground, I bolted. Logan roared when he realized I was getting away and tried to get up, only to slip on the soapy water. I laughed evilly as he groaned and tried again.

Once I made it through the door, I continued to run all the way home. But then I realized... I left my stuff in the studio. My phone, my wallet, my address card. It was all at the studio.

Crayola.