Chapter 30

Star screamed. "Is that-"

"Yup."

"Logan did-"

"Yes."

"So you-"

I laughed, "Yes Star. It's Logan's mark." She screamed again before poking it, part of my wanted to flinch under the raw wound but the other part just wanted to raise my head up high and show it off. "I was honestly scared at first, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be."

"Of course it wasn't bad," Logan bragged as he hugged me from behind. "Sorry Star, but Tyler here has some training to do." Star smiled and walked away after winking at me.

"Training?" I turned around in his grasp and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He chuckled, "Yeah. Unfortunately, not with me. Lucifer," he growled out, " is out back waiting. He's going to show you how to conquer your... What do we even call it? Powers, magic?"

I shrugged and pulled away. Grabbing his hand, I led him through the house and at the back doors. Since yesterday, my connection with Logan was stronger. Before, every time we touched, sparks and warmth would spread over the area. Now, there were fireworks around my whole body. I felt stronger and mature. Not only did the mark mean that I was able to mind link with Logan and the pack, but I officially accepted Logan and the position of Luna.

It's not official Tyler. There's one more step... Blaze chuckled.

I felt the sun on my skin the moment we stepped outside. Standing besides Lucifer was Kaiden, guarding his eyes with a dark pair of shades. His head tilted up as a gust of wind blew past. In under two seconds, he was up close and personal with me, snarling and bearing his sharpened canines. "What in the  seventh circle of hell is that?" He reached for the mark on my neck. Logan shoved me behind him in a flash, growling at Kaiden. Kaiden didn't like that. "You!" He went at Logan, "You marked her?"

Logan growled, "Yes I did. She asked me to!"

Kaiden gaze fell over Logan's shoulder on me, "Is that true?" The disappointment in his voice was coherent.

"Yes." I said it as clear as day with no regret recognizable.

"Wh-" he cut himself off with a feral hiss. "You can give this mutt a chance but not the man you has loved you for your entire life?" He radiates with anger as he unexpectedly gripped Logan's shirt and tossed him in the direction of Lucifer. "Why? Just tell me why him? Is that who you choose?"

He came towards me and placed a cold hand on my cheek. "Because he stood by me when it really mattered. He kept me sane when I resurrected, he supported me rather than treating me like a trophy or a delicate glass figurine. That's what you did, Kaiden. You thought I wasn't able to protect myself. You thought I was chaos in a small body. You're never around and like I said before, when you are its for an hour or two!" I shoved his hand away with my burning one. He hissed as I accidentally burned him.

He shook with anger. He spun around and stomped towards Logan, "I should have killed you the moment you looked at her." Logan roared, his eyes turning black. As always, Lucifer watched. He really doesn't do much, does he? Logan marched towards Kaiden.

I waited, as if it were a game of chicken and one was going to stop and dodge the other. But no one stopped. "Stop!" I yelled, but no one listened. Lucifer's mischievous eyes snapped to mine before he smirked and focused on the unraveling fight.

I felt a fire burning within my stomach. My palms glowed with red and orange waves as I all but glided towards the men. They didn't even seem to notice me as I got close enough to grab Kaiden and toss him effortlessly to the side.

His glasses fell off so he rushed to find them with his eyes closed. Maybe the sun was bothering him? I don't know. Logan was huffing and puffing, trying to calm down behind me. I marched right up to Kaiden and lifted him off the ground. "Listen and listen good; you will never threaten Logan again if you know what's good for you. Do you understand?"

"So you choose him?" He croaked. "After I saved your life, you choose him?"

"Oh don't try to guilt-trip me! If you wanted me to love you instead you would have tried harder!" I froze at my words, hoping Kaiden or anyone else hadn't noticed what I said.

If you wanted me to love you instead...

Kaiden seemed to have noticed because in less than a second, he was gone. "Alright, let's start with the basics!" Lucifer smirked.