Chapter 32

LOGAN'S POV

Since Tyler's change, everything has been different. I know what you're thinking:

Duh, Logan!!

But what I mean is; slowly, I've watched Tyler change from a goofy and loving girl into a loving girl... But a lost one. For the first time in weeks since her death, she did something fun and silly. Sure the prank war was intense and many people had glitter-disease for days, but it the most fun my pack has had in a long time.

Each one of my pack members are trained in different levels of combat. While my dad was alpha, he had everyone train from 4:30 a. m to 5:20 a.m, then 6:45 p.m to 8 o'clock p.m. He was always prepared for an attack, which is why we are one of the top packs on the east coast. We never had time for fun or relaxing, that's why Tyler made many people happy. She brought light into such a colorless, dull, pack.

"Logan, may I speak with you please?" My uncle knocked on my office door.

"Sure, come on in." I closed the lap top on my desk and turned to him. "What can I help you with?"

He had a fierce look in his eyes as he sat in a chair in front of me. "It's about the girl."

"My mate?" I rose an eyebrow.

He cleared his throat, ignoring my words. "You need to get her under control. If your father saw what a-"

"My father isn't here right now, is he, Leon? He passed the alpha title down to me. So if I think that what my mate is doing is moral then she will continue. You are in my pack. The only reason you are here is out of whatever respect my father has remaining with my runaway mother. Therefore you will respect me as your alpha, if not your nephew. You will mind your business or you will find a new pack. Am I clear?" I was now standing, furious that he dared to judge Tyler. Not only did he have no right to speak about her, but he had no right bringing my father into it.

My father was a strict, broken hearted man. He put his entire soul, what was left of it, into this pack. After giving birth to me, my mother ran away. Search parties stayed out, never giving up. Days became weeks, weeks became months, and so on. The pack knew she had gone rogue an hour into her disappearance but my father kept looking.

I watched Leon abruptly push the chair back and walk out of the room. Another knock soon followed, stopping me from getting close to sitting back down. "Who is it?" I growled.

"Bro-cha-cho! My main man! My buddy, my pal, my dude, my bro, my friend, my amigo, my-"

"Ryder! What the hell do you want!?" I slammed my hand down. I was tired and angry. I missed Tyler and felt guilty about keeping myself locked away in piles of threats and letters that all involved her.

Holding his hands up in surrender, he smiled at me. "I just thought you'd like to come see what the little Luna is up to right now."

In a flash, I was walking past him and into the living room. Surrounded by a sea of children, Tyler held a story book in her right hand with a small girl resting on her left hip. Parents were watching from afar, admiring Tyler's hex-like charm over the kids. They all sat quietly and calmly as they listened to the story of Peter Pan. Her soft, gentle voice flowed through the air, silently persuading the minds in the room to rest. Even I was yawning, feeling lightheaded and easy. "That's it for today," she looked up from the book and noticed the crowd. Blushing, she handed the now sleeping girl to the pleased mother. Most of the children had either fallen asleep or walked off with their parents. "How long were you there?" She asked me.

"Not long. You're great with kids," I took her hand and kissed over her knuckles. I couldn't help but think about our future together, seeing her with a child in her arms made me so happy.

"Thank you," she smiled. "I was thinking, can we go on a run together?"

All this time, I had completely forgotten about running or even teaching Tyler the territories. "If love to go!" We headed towards the yard. I shifted in under a second while Tyler had some trouble. It wasn't her first time obviously, but she hasn't shifted in a while. Focus and breath. Stay calm for the whole thing, I mind linked her. As the fur sprouted and the bones reformed, I noticed how her black fur matched mine yet hers had a slight scarlet sheen to it. She barked with fire in her eyes and a waggling tail.

Let's go!