FALLING HARD 1

Here you go; the book you've been waiting for.

Loyal Ak
---------------

"Rollins? come on, we got to go am running late for a meeting," I said. Hurriedly throwing a few pens and books in my handbag. Brushing my long black curly hair from my face I stood up and straighten a black skirt and a red blouse, checking myself in a mirror across the room for the last time. I looked down at my black heels and let out a breath.

Thank god it's not squeezing me

"Rollins dear? hurry for me please," I grabbed the bunch of keys from the table near the door and I waited patiently for Rollins to come.

Rollins is a six-year-old quiet boy, with chestnut hair, a tiny mouth, and a small point at the end of his nose, and the most beautiful ocean blue eyes I've ever seen, eyes that no doubt the little girls already loved. He was put in my care for over the past month by one of his aunts he so quietly stated.

Ever since I've known myself I've loved children; the good the bad, pretty the ugly, and the in-between. I knew what I wanted and I went for it, but I didn't get the big one I was hoping for; a childcare program. I haven't got enough money to build one and my family wasn't supporting me when they want to see my children not some strangers.

I rented one but now the time is up, my rent is due and I don't have enough money to pay; since am paying house rent and everything that comes with it. I have been hunting for jobs ever since I knew am going to be unwilling to let this one go, and finally, I received a call and am just in time to go to the meeting.

"Rollins!"I turned my mouth toward the bathroom and shouted in the building."I've had it with you over and over little boy, this day won't be one of those days. I'm late don't you get it?" I tried not to get angry at him, knowing if I do he'll spitefully hide somewhere.

I slowly walk toward the bathroom and knock.

"Sweetie, listen to me, am not angry at you am just sad. I'm going to lose this place by the end of the week, please I need a job to get a bigger one .Please don't let me be late. Please,"I could feel myself getting emotional and I slowly slide down on the door, fidgeting with the keys.

Seconds went by and I started to blame myself. It's all my fault, if I hadn't taken it upon myself to drop him off at his aunt's place then he would be gone just like the others. But I did it because I saw myself in him.

"Are you okay in there?do you want me to come in?"I asked softly and removing the hair from my face again I slowly pressed on the door. I realized it was opened and I sighed in relief, I got up and walked inside. Seeing him sitting in the corner, head between his lap, dressed in blue jeans pants and an orange shirt along with white sneakers.

"O my God!" I dropped the bag and rushed towards him, my heart playing baseball in my chest.

"Are you okay?"I slowly pull him to his feet and scan his body with my eyes. Looking for cuts or scrapes.

He slowly open his palm and showed me a broken watch. I sighed and ruffled his hair.

"Let me see."

"My dad bought it for me and I promise I'll never let anything happen to it,"I could hear his little heart crack at the thought of breaking a promise. His blue eyes softened with water which made it look more like an ocean.

"Oh my God, am so sorry, I'll buy it back for you."

"Really?"

"Yes, come on, you think you can show me where he bought it?"He nod his little head and hold on to my fingers and my heart squeezed at his action. I took my bag from the floor and walked out.