Chapter 58: Good night Wei Yun

Two days before New Year's Eve, Xie Tao returned to Qizhen.

Fu Miaolan was wearing a thick cotton-padded jacket, and she seemed to have gained a lot more weight.

Everything in the town seems to be the same as she left, nothing has changed.

It's just that red lanterns are hung up on the streets and alleys, and gradually there are people who go out to work in the town to come back, adding a bit more lively New Year flavor than usual.

In the early morning, there was still cold fog, forming a hazy shadow on the bridge. The branches lacking soft greenery were reflected in the water waves under the bridge, pushing away layer by layer, ripples slightly.

Xie Tao and Aunt Fu took her daughter Fuhua for breakfast at the breakfast shop in Qiaotou.

She hasn't eaten cold noodles here for a long time.

Today she ordered a large bowl.

"Taotao, how are you doing in Nanshi? Are you stressful of studying?" Fu Miaolan asked her while drinking the porridge.

"I'm fine, Aunt Fu."

Xie Tao held the bowl and smiled at her, "You can keep up with your studies, don't worry."

Fu Miaolan pushed a small bowl of porridge in front of her, and looked up and down Xie Tao. Seeing that she showed no signs of weight loss, and her face turned pale and red, she was relieved a lot.

"You are out alone, so don't treat yourself badly. If you have any difficulties, just tell Aunt Fu, don't carry it by yourself, you know?" Fu Miaolan reached out and touched Xie Tao's head, with a look of love again. Pity again.

Xie Tao responded, "I know, Aunt Fu."

In the afternoon, Fu Miaolan went out to buy things for the New Year, so she left Xie Tao and Fu Hua to see the shop.

Xie Tao has been making shortbread candy here for more than a year, and when she comes back, she is still so familiar with the placement of everything here.

After making a batch of peanut-flavored shortbread candies, Xie Tao packed a box by herself and fed Fuhua a few pieces. The rest was placed in a glass cabinet filled with warm yellow tubes.

After a while, there were many regular customers of Fujia Cake Shop.

One by one, seeing Xie Tao come back, they all smiled and greeted her, and some even gave her the pastry they had just bought.

Xie Tao couldn't get rid of it, so she could only accept it with a smile.

"Sister Taotao, can I eat it?" Fuhua looked at the pastries wrapped in kraft paper in her hands, her eyes full of innocence.

Although she is already fifteen years old, she has always been this child's mind because of her brain burnt when she was a child.

Xie Tao untied the string tied to the outside, unfolded the kraft paper, and passed the chestnut osmanthus cake inside to her, "Eat the flowers."

Fuhua bit the pastry, with crumbs standing beside her mouth, looking at her with a smile.

Xie Tao did her homework for a while, and then looked at the "Uncut Jade" she had brought from Wei Yun for a while.

Later, Fu Miaolan finally came back with a big bag and a small bag.

Xie Tao hurried to help her with that thing.

"You tell me you are not here for New Year's Eve, where are you going to spend it?" Fu Miaolan heard her talk about things that cannot be spent here on New Year's Eve in the morning. At this time, she and Xie Tao carried things before. In the backyard, as if suddenly remembering something, she quickly asked, "Taotao, are you going home to celebrate the New Year?"