Chapter 5: So-called temptation

When I saw Zheng Wenhong again, Xie Tao knew that Fu Miaolan must have told him.

"Xie Tao, I will help you with your return to school."

Zheng Wenhong said, handing a glass of juice to Xie Tao.

Across the tumbling hot pot of red soup, Xie Tao took the glass of juice from him. When she heard his words, she almost reflexively refused, "No need, Uncle Zheng."

Zheng Wenhong seemed to have expected her to refuse, so he said, "Xie Tao, you don't have to rush to refuse first. You always have to consider the actual situation. Do you have enough money to pay for the tuition now?"

Xie Tao held the chopsticks and fell silent for a moment.

She could not deny that Zheng Wenhong was right.

Seeing her silence, Zheng Wenhong said again, "Xie Tao, I am also your legal guardian. I hope you will not refuse me in this matter."

Xie Tao lowered her eyes, as if thinking hard for a while.

Then she looked up again and looked at Zheng Wenhong, "Thank you, Uncle Zheng."

Hearing her words, Zheng Wenhong knew that she had agreed.

So he finally loosened his eyebrows, and began to have a somewhat relaxed smile on his face, "It should be me thank you. If you refuse me again, I don't know what to do."

Xie Tao understood what he meant, but didn't say much.

She never mentioned Su Linghua, nor did Zheng Wenhong mention it.

"Uncle Zheng, I will return the money to you in the future."

After a hot pot meal, Xie Tao stood up and said to Zheng Wenhong.

Zheng Wenhong put down his chopsticks and fixedly looked at her, "Your mother said you like hot pot the most."

"Especially this hot pot."

His sudden words made Xie Tao think of a certain past many years when she raised her eyes and re-evaluated the hot pot restaurant.

She was nine years old when she first came to Nanshi.

That night when the snowflakes were flying, Su Linghua brought her here for a hot pot meal.

She was leaning against the glass window, through the lingering fog, she tilted her head to look at all the strange neon lights outside the glass window.

At that time, she didn't know that the most difficult years in her life had just begun.

"Xie Tao, do you really want to miss your mother?"

As she walked by Zheng Wenhong's side, she heard his voice coming from behind, "At the station that day, I saw you."

Xie Tao's back was slightly stiff.

It seemed that after a long time, Zheng Wenhong heard her voice.

"I didn't say it, I don't want her."

She said, "But Uncle Zheng, this does not mean that nothing has happened between me and her because of this."

Because Su Linghua is her mother, because she has given her true love and all the good memories, so she will inevitably miss her.

But the hurt can't be eliminated just because of this miss.

She had long since found out how to face Su Linghua.

Just as Su Linghua can only approach her through Zheng Wenhong.

When she walked out of the hot pot restaurant, Xie Tao looked at the traffic coming and going not far away, sniffed her nose, suppressed the sourness in her heart, and started walking in the direction of the small hotel.