11

Marie's pov:
I don't know for how long we have been now sitting in the kitchen but till now my mates haven't come back again and slowly it makes me feel a bit down.
„Hey, what's that frown on your face cutie?" Jane asks me with a small frown herself. Not knowing how to vocalize my thought process I simply sigh heavily.
„I think she is confused on why her mates haven't come back yet." Edward explains after studying me for a bit. When my frown deepens Jane softly hugs me.
„How about i show you around in the Castle?" she asks and when she sees me peaking up again she goes on with.
„You said you like to read? So how about we start in the library?" and just like that she had me completely excited again. Hearing the others chuckle at my bright smile doesn't really affect me, way too excited to see their supposed huge library. I love to read and my books! Jane has informed me on how they have several library's some with really old ones, some with only new ones and so on. To be honest I couldn't believe her at first but she promised that it was real, so to now have the opportunity to see them myself excites me greatly.
„Ready to go?" Jane asks me with a smile on her lips. Somehow I already trust her. Even Bella seems to get along with her rather great and that even she herself stated that she has judged Jane falsely for a long time. I had asked her how she means that so she explained how she thought how Jane was a heartless monster. Seeing the girl, well vampire shrink into herself makes me sad so I quickly had hugged her. Afterwards Bella apologized to her for misjudging her and also promising her that she won't think so lowly of her ever again since she now has seen the real Jane that honestly is a lovebug!
„You will keep us safe? Right?" I quietly ask the three vampires after they have opened the door for us.
„Of Course! No one is coming close enough to you nor your sister to hurt you!" Jane promises and links her arm with mine. So with another deep breath I let her lead me out of the kitchen where I slowly started to feel all safe. The hallways we go through are looking really amazing. There are really big paintings all around, some of landscaping but also some of the vampires I have seen till now and some I don't know. When we pass yet another painting I stop in my tracks. Grounded to the roof in pure fright! It can't be! It simply can't!!! There smirking out of the painting is the monster that has ruined my life! The fact that he is in one of their paintings can only mean one thing, he is here! The monster I have been hiding from ever since that day is here! Feeling my breathing getting irregular at that realization alone.
„Marie! Marie!!! Please take some breaths! You need to keep breathing!!" Bella's panicked voice registers in my head, still I can't breath. I can't!
„Cutie! Look me in my eyes!! There you go! And now try to follow my breathing! In through your nose and out through your mouth." she instructs while looking me straight in my eyes, not once averting her eyes from mine.
„Thats it! And again, in through your nose and out through your mouth." she goes on.
„You are doing amazingly cutie! Once more, in and out!" she says and squeezes my hand softly. Slowly my lungs start to automatically work on getting air back in my system.
„See, everything is fine. You are safe, no need to panic." she says before Bella pulls me into a tight embrace.
„Don't frighten me like that!" she says while tears keep on running down her cheeks.
„He is here. The, the. He is here!" I repeat myself while shakingly pointing at the monster on the painting next to us. They all right away understand what I mean as well as who I mean. Jane simply rips the painting off the wall before throwing it on the floor. At the commotion a few other people came running full force to us. Jane however simply pushes me along with Bella against the wall before taking a protective stand in front of us. Edward and Alice as well quickly take a stand next to her.
„What happend? What are they doing here? And how did the humans got here?" one of them growls threateningly only to suddenly lay on the floor screaming out in agony.
„Don't talk about them that!!! You have no right!" Jane growls out while taking my hand softly in hers to sooth me since my breathing yet again got irregular.
„Madame Jane? May we know the reason behind this commotion?" another one questions confused but also very respectful.
„Marie is my brothers, Demetris, Felix and Master caius mate so Back off!" she answers in a low growl. They right away scurry away from us much to my relief.
„We apologize madame Jane. It was a misunderstanding on our part. We hope you have a wonderful day." the second one answers and bows yet again. He along with another one take the one still laying on the floor before running off.
„Are you alright cutie?" Jane soothingly asks me. Instead of answering her I throw my arms around her and hug her tightly. How else should I of show her how incredibly thankful I am for her.
„How about we go into the Library and talk about that worthless vampire there? It sure is more comfortable there?" Edward asks carefully after taking Bella into his arms.
„He won't be there? Right?" I ask afraid that I might run into him around here.
„No cutie. He won't come near you and he also won't be in the library. Alice and Edward will explain when we get in the library. Is that alright with you?" Jane asks me softly. Right away nodding my head in reply, trusting her enough to know that she won't let anyone hurt me. And if she says he won't be there than I trust her that he won't. Till now she hasn't done anything but be nice and protect me.