41. Nights Are Unarguably The Best Part Of The Autumn.

"And so, he died

"And so, he died."

"Kanye is alive."

"Oh."

I was sitting at my usual purpley booth at Neon, with Trevor sitting opposite me.

We hadn't really talked since the night he had stayed in my house, so it was kind of awkward at first.

Then he told me he liked Kanye out of the blue.

Maybe he's not such a moron.

Now we're here. Arguing about if he was really cloned by Swifties and killed brutally cause of that one time he embarrassed Taylor when she was, what? 19?

Who still gave a fuck?

"Who's your favorite musician then?"

"Well." I say, adjusting myself in my seat. "Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, 2pac, Nicki Minaj, Tame Impala, Billie Eilish, Drake, NLE Choppa, Mitski and Beyonce."

Had to add the last one in for Cam.

"That has to be the most chaotic music taste anyone's ever had." He says, sipping from a cup of coffee he had bought before I got here.

I'd noticed that he was becoming a bit more tolerable these days, like he actually felt bad for what happened before.

Like he should to be honest.

"You haven't met my mom, then. She's half Spanish, so her music taste is all over the place."

"I don't know how it's possible for your family to be even more chaotic than your music taste." He says, a small smile creeping onto his face.

I just shrug.

"What about-" I pause, thinking. Would this be ideal to ask him something this personal so soon? Ah, fuck it. "-your family?"

As soon as I say that, he goes quiet.

"You've met my sister, and pretty much hate my mom." He says, chuckling quietly. "What else is there to know?"

"I don't know, maybe who you really are." I say, hugging my knees to myself and staring out the window. "And don't tell me you're just some waiter dude."

He stays silent for about a minute, and I could sense the thoughts swirling in his head as he followed my eyes to where I was looking at.

I'll admit, I took a quick glance at him as he was staring outside, and the way the moonlight reflected onto him made him look like some kind of dream.

He looked like he wasn't real.

And maybe he wasn't. Maybe I was hallucinating this whole time I had known him. Maybe it was just some kind of defence mechanism from everything that had been happening to me.

I don't know.

I was half afraid that he would just stand up and start chanting 'I am real and you are not.' multiple times and just disappear into thin air.