19. Guys That Play Basketball Enjoy Following Milo Murphy's Law.

The fun of killing volunteers that dress up as kangaroos at carnivals didn't last long.

I had to go to school, the next two days. And It was on a Monday.

Monday's are the worst!

As usual, Em dropped us off, and I walked to my locker.

Thankfully, either Rachel wasn't in school or she finally got the common sense to leave me the fuck alone.

I got to my locker, and I heard yelling coming from the notice board.

It was Charlotte again. For a smartass, she enjoyed yelling a lot.

There was a new piece of paper on the notice board, and Char looked really emotional about it.

Then I realized she was yelling at Milo.

I hope he hadn't done anything despicable.

"And the fact that you made me believe you were worth my time!" She yelled, pointing at him.

His eyes were darting around nervously. He felt bad.

Charlotte eventually calms down, and I go up to her. She hugs me.

"You okay?" I ask, my voice soft as I rub her back. "That was intense."

"It's just- it was all a lie. Milo didn't pass me in the exam, someone came out and said that he cheated. Someone changed the test scores for him. And he knew how much that test meant to me." She says, her face digging into my shoulder.

I shut my eyes. I knew he would be a dick.

I hug her for a while, and she heads to her class afterwards.

I had to go kill that dumbass boy.

"I told you not to mess with her, you idiot!" I say, smacking him upside the head.

He was sitting at the basketball court, where I knew he'd be.

"It wasn't me, I swear!" He says, rubbing his head.

"Who would it be then? You're the first name up there, who would deliberately make you be first for no reason?"

"I don't know. But she's mad at me now."

"Of course she is. What did you expect?"

"It wasn't me, Saph." He says, and as much as I wanted to believe him, I had this tiny flicker of doubt in me.

We hadn't talked much lately, and he'd been spending most of his time with Charlie, which was kind of gross to me, but I was sure they were friends now.

And he barely let's anyone get close to him at all. It would make sense that he was just pretending to be friends with her to convince her that he did nothing wrong so she wouldn't talk.

It was despicable, but smart.

"I don't know if I believe you, Milo."

"What? So you're taking her side now? Why don't you believe me?"

"Because I know this is something you're capable of." I shrug."And weren't you the one who said you were just pretending to be friends with her?"

"That was then and- ughh!" He groans, putting his head in his hands.

I sighed, and ruffled his hair.

"You better fix this dude. Now get to class!" I yell, and he rolls his eyes and walks away with his hands in his pockets.

This is why I never wanted them to meet in the first place.

I was walking to my calculus class, so I could die of boredom, when I saw Rachel and some other chick gossiping at her locker.

Why did she actually come to school?

I was minding my own business, when I heard Milo's name in their conversation. I stopped dead in my tracks.

I dropped my backpack, and deliberately poured out all my stuff so I could listen to them. Luckily, they were too busy ,well, gossiping, but there were some moments when I could swear Rachel was glaring right at me.

"And he's acting like he didn't even know what happened? The nerve of that dick."

"Ugh, exactly. And that bitch, Coleslaw couldn't just keep her mouth closed. Now the teachers are gonna open this stupid investigation to see if he actually cheated!"

"But he didn't actually cheat, it was-"

"Will you shut up!" Rachel says, covering the other girl's mouth with her hand.

Well, well, well.

I got about three things from that conversation.

First, Rachel was apparently bad at remembering people's names. Coleslaw? She may as well have called that idiot Milk!

Second, Rachel probably had something to do with this mess. It could be that she was just insanely jealous as usual, and was just trying to break Charlie and Milo up, but they hadn't even met before the results came out.

Third, Rachel hated Charlotte.

Which I was expecting sooner or later because she hates me.

I decided that I wouldn't tell either of them anything I had heard until I was sure of it, so it doesn't send Charlotte into a frenzy.

After school, I went home tired, as usual. I had been postponing that doctor's appointment for a while now.

I guess I was kind of worried that I would have ADHD.

Not like it's a bad thing, it's just, awkward.

Not knowing that you've had something in you that's causing the reason you haven't been able to sleep for the past few years, and was making you act like an enraged baboon at most times was a universally accepted awkward thing, right?

I had immediately gone upstairs once I got home, and I was feeling hungry.

I considered going downstairs to eat some leftover food we bought from Macdonald's last night, but something in me said no.

I was in the mood for some cold, leftover fries.

Author's note
Thank you guys for 400 views omg😭. This is actually so kind of all of you. Hoped you enjoyed this chapter❤️.

Love,
Kayla🙈