23. Being Jealous Can Always Be A Replacement For Curiousity.

She was here.

With that dude.

And they were talking.

That didn't affect me at all. Not at all.

It was awkward between them at first, but she kinda warmed up to him after a while, and now they were talking like they were still dating.

Which still didn't affect me. Not at all.

Even if it did affect me, it was for a completely reasonable reason. She was talking with her ex, who she was really uncomfortable around at first. I'm just curious about their past relationship.

That's it. I'm curious.

I had sent Davon to eavesdrop on them for me, which I guess was kind of weird, but it was justifiable. I was just curious.

He said that they were talking about Sapphire and his school, which I guess he left after their breakup, which apparently went viral.

Some girl posted it on her socials, and it went fucking viral.

Turns out he cheated on her.

He seems like a dick to be honest. He cheated on her, and I didn't see how that was even possible. I mean, she's Sapphire. She could be a pain in the ass sometimes, but she was still a kinda fun person to be around.

And she was pretty.

Not like it meant anything to me, she was pretty, and it was the truth.

But maybe she did something equally bad to him too, but I didn't see how that would make someone cheat on a girl like her.

And the fact that he came back and just straight up demanded her to talk?

I mean, I could be a prick sometimes, but this guy was just a straight up cactus.

From their conversation, I could tell that he had succeeded in making Sapphire ever smile at him again. And maybe, he could be just be trying to get on her good side and make things right. But I was a guy.

And I knew that he could also have ulterior motives. And I couldn't let that happen, could I?

Well that's obviously because I could say that Sapphire and I were somewhat friends, and friends don't let each other get their heart destroyed by some cocky guy right?

That's what friends do, right?

Even though she could talk to him without running away and hiding behind my counter, she still looked pretty uncomfortable.

I hoped she was okay. Because we were friends.

And that's what friends do.

I hope.