18. When A Dying Aboriginal Kangaroo Tells You Not To Run, Run.

"Wait a damn minute. Your brother, and my sister, are-"

"Don't make me think about it." I groan.

I couldn't believe it.

"We have to get them apart."

"We? You're the one that brought your ugly ass brother to this carnival-"

"At least he can actually get a girl." I say, shoving him and walking towards them.

They were walking towards the huge ferris wheel, eating cotton candy and whispering like they'd known each other since forever.

Trevor caught up with me, frowning as usual, and we hid behind a booth when they turned around.

"I thought it wasn't we, huh?" I whisper-shout.

"Well, you're obviously too incompetent to do it yourself, so I'm obligated to help."

"Shut up with the fancy words! Are they there?"

"Yeah, with my sister's friend. They're about to get on the ferris wheel." He says.

We were currently standing behind a tree, peeking out of the side of it like spy kids.

I wouldn't know, since I haven't actually watched spy kids, but I imagined they would be like that.

"What should we do? They're getting all chummy and shit."

"Maybe we should be reasonable and allow our younger siblings to do what they want?"

"Don't be insane." I say, watching them.

We were about half a mile away from them, and they were 4th in the line.

If I ran, I could make it in time and intercept whatever meet cute they were having, and we would go home.

"We've gotta run."

"What? Why? Didn't you hear what I said earlier? They're allowed to-"

"You haven't thought about it, have you? If they like each other," I say, emphasizing my disgust on like," then that means we'd have to see each other, every single day."

"But we already see each other every day, you come to Neon all the time-"

"But now it's be worse! Every single minute, of every single hour, of every single day!"

"I think you're blowing this a little out of proportion, Sapphire."

"Whatever! We just have to stop them. It'd be too weird to think that my brother is dating your sister. It'd probably mess up my already messed up sleep schedule."

"Well, you can live with your fucked up sleep schedule for a little while longer, right? I don't think this is the right way to go about this.."

"And why are you suddenly fine with this? What, do you actually want to see me every single minute of every single hour of every single day?"