13. Never Eat Raw Sausages Unless They Are Emailed To You.

I got a fucking B minus.

I was completely ecstatic.

I would have ran all the way to Neon and kissed that fucker on the lips if Mr Faust had let me.

Actually, no. Ew. I'd rather rewrite this whole ass test than kiss that freak.

Take my word for it.

Charlotte got an A minus, which I didn't even know was possible, but she was happy for me.

I wouldn't have to repeat high school after all.

Hopefully.

I was probably getting in over my head with this single test score, but it was better than anything I had ever gotten before in anything that had to do with maths.

When Em drove us home, I didn't tell her about that dumb deal I made with Trevor.

She would never let me hear the end of it.

I had decided that I would work it out this way.

Every evening, once Em had dropped us off at home, I would leave by, let's say 6pm.

I'd probably have to steal her car, since mine was totalled, but that was risky too 'cause she'd most likely be out and about with her multiple boyfriends.

I decided I would just walk there, and my presence alone should be enough 'cause I'm an internation celebrity.

I'm so delusional.

I was about leaving for Neon, when Milo texted me.

Your friend's a demon, Sapphire.

I chuckled, and sat down for a moment, thinking of what to say.

I thought I would be hearing that from her. What happened?

She wants me to teach her how to play basketball. And she's so fucking horrible😭.

Omg💀. You've gotta do it tho, or I'll kill you tomorrow 🧚✨.

But she's so bad😭.

And she's growing on you, huh?😏

No. Of course not. It's just a dumb act.

Keep lying to yourself.

And what do you know about love? Didn't you get chea-

He deletes the message.

I sit there for a while, thinking about what he was about to text me.

I sigh, leave my phone on the bed, and walk out of my room.

I could deal with this shit later.

§§§