4. All Rich Fifty-year Old Men Should Be Crucified.

"Will you just answer my question, you retarded old man?!" I yell, incredibly annoyed with said retarded old man.

I had been arguing with this guy for the last 5 minutes on Neon's company phone, while that guy, who I found out was named Trevor, bit his cheek and tried not to snicker at me.

I didn't see what was so funny.

"Did you send someone to kill me or not?!" I scream into the phone."

"Oh, Sapphire, please." He says, laughing mockingly. "I hate you and your dad, but not that much. Maybe someone's finally made karma catch up to him, huh?"

I sigh. This dude was my dad's..business rival.

I'll put it that way. And he's hated me and my family since as long as I could remember.

He also had this really obnoxious daughter who I don't wanna talk about or I'll probably puke.

"You're pathetic!" I spit into the phone, not literally, and end the call.

"I assume that went well?"

"No shit." I say, sitting down at one of those oddly comfortable but uncomfortably purple leather seats.

"Who could it be?" I groan, running my hands through my hair.

If it wasn't that deranged old man, then that meant it could possibly be an actual cult member. Or maybe even an assassin..

That would be so cool.

"No clue. You can leave now." He says, going back to the counter. I sigh, standing up, rubbing my eyes.

"Thanks for saving my life, or whatever." I mutter, frowning.

"Yeah. But I expect a gift card and 15 bars of Snickers by tomorrow though."

"I thought you said you never wanted to see me again, hmm?" I say, raising my eyebrows.

"I never said that. You said it."

"So you do want to see me again then?"

"Just get out." He says, entering the kitchen with his hands clenched in his pockets.

I roll my eyes and walk out of the restaurant.

He was really annoying for someone who liked saving random people's lives.

I called Em to come pick me up, and in about twenty minutes, I was back at home, in my living room.

§§§

"And you said what was on the paper?"

"These three ominous words. It was written in some kind of binary code I think. I don't really know binary code. Anyway, it apparently meant, I burn you. That has to do with what happened todayright?"