107

My days here in the hospital sort of run together and I have been here for two weeks now. The doctor wanted to monitor me and make sure I recovered with no complications. When they did the second CT scans, they found out I had some swelling from the head injury. The doctor said sometimes the swelling doesn't start until a few days after the initial injury. The swelling was causing memory problems, some vision problems and just overall tiredness.

At least I feel a lot better now and I've had great company while here. Aunt Mary has come to visit everyday but she has still been blaming Lauren. She even tried to get her removed from my room claiming she wasn't family or next of kin. She was shocked when she found out I had Lauren put on my record as my family and next of kin. They didn't know I heard them arguing when I woke up that day I had my second CT scans. I couldn't believe what Lauren said to Aunt Mary but she was being a bitch.

Speaking of Lauren, she hasn't left my side, well except for when she went downstairs to get her suitcase out of the car. I guess it was a good thing we had already packed most of our stuff into the car so she had clean clothes. She refused to leave and go back to Aunt Mary's to rest or shower so she has been showering in the bathroom in my hospital room. I kept on at her about needing to eat because she wouldn't leave to get food so she started door dashing her food.

Lauren is actually in the bathroom showering this morning while we are waiting for the doctor to come around. I sit up in bed as she suddenly walks out of the bathroom in short grey under armour shorts and a black tshirt. Her hair is in a messy bun and she looks tired but she is still beautiful. "God, you are so sexy. I would love to taste you right now." Her cheeks turn red and her eyes dart towards the door.

Lauren moves the chair beside my bed and as she is sitting down says "well you are definitely feeling better. I swear you need a filter." She laughs as she looks at me and I just shrug my shoulders.

"Well, I love what I see so can you blame me. You can come sit with me in bed, you know." I smirk as I look at Lauren and she just shakes her head. She leans forward in the chair and says "after your earlier remark I don't think so." I pout as I look at her and give my best sad face but she just laughs at me.

Lauren reaches for my hand and laces our fingers together. She looks at me with a nervous look then looks down at our joined hands. "K-Kyler, I was serious when I said I didn't want to wait to get married. So what do you honestly think? I understand if you want to wait or if..." I cut her rambling off as I lean forward and pull her face to mine for a kiss.

I pull away from the kiss and smile at Lauren. "Baby, I didn't know if you were for sure serious or just emotional at the time but I was hoping you were serious. Like I said, I wanted to marry you when I first proposed. Hell, I would marry you right now if I could."

Lauren smiles at me and leans in to peck my lips. "So we can start planning our wedding and get married after you're released and fully recovered?" She asks with a hopeful look in her eyes. It's so cute to see her like this.

"Yes Lauren and I have an idea if you're okay with it. There are companies here that have beach wedding packages. I was looking at a few the other day and found one that I really like. They take care of everything except for our wedding attire. We can even pick our colors and flowers too."

Lauren's eyes light up like a kid on Christmas morning. "Really? Show me what you found because that would actually be great and easier for us. If they have an opening on such short notice we could go ahead and book depending on when you will get released."

I pat the bed beside me for Lauren to get up here with me. She gives me a questioning look but finally settles beside me on the bed. I grab my phone from the bedside table and pull up the website. I click on the packages tab and scroll to the last package called Coastal Affair. "This is the one babe and I think it's perfect. It's $4,200 for the package then $450 for the photographer and $250 for the minister but look at what all it includes."

Lauren takes my phone and looks at the package details and as she is reading a beautiful smile graces her face. She looks at me and cups my face and barely brushes her lips on mine and whispers "it's perfect" then kisses me. We both got lost in the kiss and didn't know anyone came into the room until we heard a throat clear.

We break apart and both look towards the door and see a doctor standing there with a smile on her face. My regular doctor is a dude so I'm not sure who this is. She walks towards the bed and Lauren gets off the bed and settles back in the chair. I glance at her name tag and her name is Dr. Stevens. She smiles and says "I see your feeling better and that's great. Your vitals have been really good and you've shown no signs of any problems so you're being released."

I sigh in relief and Dr. Stevens quickly says "however, you have to take it easy for the next week and come in the following Monday for your check up. You had a close call and got really lucky so please rest like you're supposed to and no... strenuous activity... of any kind."

I laugh and glance at Lauren and a light blush tints her cheeks then I look back at the doctor. "Thank you Dr. Stevens. Will I be on bed rest or what?" She shakes her head and says "no but if you start to feel tired then definitely rest. You are weak so you might get tired easily and do not want to over do it and end up back in here. The nurse will be in shortly to get you unhooked from everything and with your discharge paperwork and prescription. You may still have a headache so I wrote something for that." I nod and she leaves the room.

Lauren gets me some clean clothes out for me to change into and makes sure everything is gathered up. As soon as she finishes, a nurse comes in to unhook my IV and go over my discharge papers. Once I sign them then get my prescription she leaves the room. I get up to get changed and Lauren quickly reaches for me. "I'm helping you so hold on."

I shake my head "you don't have to Lauren" I protest. Before I can say or do anything else she says "well I am so... just let me and enjoy it." She smirks at me and I let her help me. Before we can leave the room, the nurse comes back with a wheelchair to roll me out. I start to protest but Lauren gives me a look that says I better just sit down so I do.

The nurse takes me down and once I'm in the car after Lauren pulls it up, we head to Aunt Mary's. I am so glad to be out of the hospital and it sucks that I have to take it easy. I was looking forward to having sex with my fiancé. Well at least we can finalize everything for out wedding and search for wedding dresses. I'm not sure if I want a dress or a suit. I look at Lauren as she is driving and smile as I think about our future.