32

The next three and a half weeks pass by in a blur. It's now the third week of May. I would have graduated this week if I was still in Pensacola. Prom is Friday night but I don't want to go. I know Lauren will be there but I still couldn't bring myself to attend. It's just a stupid dance anyway. I wanted to go back home to see my friends and especially Katie graduate. I called her a couple weeks ago and told her what's been going on. I even told her about my crush on Lauren. I had to talk to someone. I've talked to Aunt Mary but I haven't told her about the current situation.

Mike's not coming home till late at night and has not been talking to me. My guess is, he's probably been with the two dollar whore he cheated on Lauren with. Lauren on the other hand has kept to herself and has not been home at all this week and she hasn't been at school either. I've tried calling and texting her but she never answers. I went by the front office and asked Mrs. Scott if Lauren was in her office and she said no and that she had taken the week off. She tried to question me as to why I was asking but I just told her I forgot and left.

So Lauren took the week off from school, hasn't been home and hasn't contacted me back. I wonder what she is doing. Maybe I should try calling her again and see if she will answer and talk to me. Kyle has been texting me and we have talked on the phone a lot. We even meet up twice to hang out. We are getting to know each other and I'm glad to have a brother. I just can't believe my mom kept that from me.

We definitely have a lot of catching up to do. He did tell me that Mike was not happy seeing him. Especially when Kyle told him he was gay. Kyle said Mike told him he never wanted to see him again. I wish mom was still alive because I know she wouldn't be like that. It would be weird though since she never told me about Kyle and gave him up for adoption but I know she would love him regardless. I still can't believe how much we look alike even with a year difference between us.

By the time Sunday rolls around I'm so tired of this bullshit. I've tried calling Lauren but she still will not answer. This shit is driving me crazy. I want to know where she is at. I want to see her and check to make sure she is okay. So I'm laying on the sofa in the living room waiting for my sperm donor to get home so I can get to the bottom of this. Apparently I dozed off but I'm awakened by the sound of the door from the garage shutting. I get up and walk into the kitchen as Mike makes his way to the island.

"What's going on?" I ask. Before he answers that I say "Lauren hasn't been home all week or at school. Neither one of you are talking to me so please tell me what's going on. I deserve to know. He looks at me and says "if you must know, Lauren left me. She filed for divorce before I got home the other week because she... well that's not important. She didn't like the fact I never told her about my second marriage or that both of them ended the way they did. And she didn't like the fact I never told her about Kyle. Are you happy now that you know everything?"

He walks right up to me and points his finger in my face and has a mean look on his face. "I've seen the way you look at Lauren. Is that why she left me? Did your dyke ass turn her into a dyke too. You better not even touch her or contact her. As far as Kyle goes, he's no son of mine. I can't believe I have two kids that are gay! Apparently your mom could only have gay kids. As far as I'm concerned you can get out of here too! Go back to Pensacola with Mary. I will sign guardianship over to her if I need to. I don't want you here anymore. I can't believe I ever let Lauren convince me in bringing you here. Everything was perfect for me until you got here."

I back up away from Mike since he is yelling in my face. I back into the wall separating the kitchen from the living room. I move to the side to turn the corner and go upstairs when Mike grabs me by my hair and jerks me back. He jerks me hard enough that I fall onto the cold hardwood floor and hit my head and elbow on the floor.

He stands over me and starts yelling."Get the hell out of my house now! Go stay with you gay brother or somewhere as long as it's not in my house! I will set up a day you can get your gay shit out of my house then I never want to see you in here again. Better yet I will throw all your gay shit outside and you can get it! Or maybe I will burn it.! You better remember what I said about Lauren, so don't try to find her. We may be getting a divorce but she still belongs to me."

I'm so upset with what he said about mom that I didn't realize I had tears running down my face. I run out of the house and down the street to the park that's about a mile from here. I can't believe him and everything he said or that he got physical with me. I have never seen him like that. I have to find Lauren because I have to talk to her. I don't know where I'm going to go. Where am I going to sleep? Maybe Lila will let me crash with her. Maybe I just need to call and tell Aunt Mary everything. I sit down on a park bench and just cry. I sit there until the sun is setting and decide to dial Lauren's number again. On the fourth ring she finally answers.