Chapter 39

Chapter 39: A Mother's Love

(Layla's Outfit on top)

Months have flown by and things have changed a little bit and I mean in a good way of course. Winter is slowly arriving and so is Christmas, no one has prepared themselves. My stomach has grown in a little bump which was slightly visible. Right now Toni and I are at the doctor's appointment to find out the gender of our baby. 

I lied on the bed staring at the screen as my doctor started moving the remote in her hand. A black figure appeared onto the screen, it was shaped into a small baby causing my heart to skip a beat at the sight of our child. "Are you both ready for me to reveal your baby's gender?" I looked over at Toni with a bright smile on my face as his eyes continued to stay on the screen. 

"Yes." We both answered at the same time, Toni gave my hand a little squeeze due to nervousness. 

"It's a girl." The doctor revealed with a grin. 

I couldn't help but smile even bigger looking over at Toni who has a small smile upon his lips. "A girl." He repeated, before kissing my hand that was interlocked with his. "My baby girl." I chuckled, biting my lip staring up at his cheerful expression. 

"Oh." The doctor caught our attention causing us both to look over at her. She furrowed her brows staring at the computer screen carefully examining it, my heart sunk in fear. 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, worriedly as she glanced at me before continuing to move the remote control on my stomach making my heart pound against my chest. 

Toni squeezed my hand. "Is there a problem?" Toni asked sternly. 

She slowly broke into a smile, looking at the two of us. "There is a little surprise for the two of you." She revealed. I furrowed my brows staring at her warily, not knowing what she was going to say. "You are having twins!" She squealed, causing my head to snap over to Toni's direction to his eyes wide as he stared back at the computer screen. 

"Holy..." He trailed, his eyes slowly flickered to me with a smirk slowly forming onto his face. "What did I tell  you?" He questioned, raising a brow. 

I sucked in a shaky breath. "They are both girls. Congratulations." She revealed, as she stood up from her spot. 

"Two girls." Toni began. "I have to take care of three girls." He included me causing me to laugh, as the doctor cleaned my stomach up, Toni helped me sit up when the gel was off my stomach. I pulled my shirt down slipping off from the bed with Toni's help. 

"Twins." I laughed, turning to Toni interlocking our hands. 

He leaned down kissing my lips. "I told you didn't I?" He smirked, continuing to kiss my lips once again. "I love you." I blushed, pecking his lips. 

"And I you." 

We walked out of the room and towards the doctor's office. "Here are the pictures of your baby girls." She handed me the envelope, taking it from her and sticking it into my purse. 

"Thank you so much, doc." Toni said, shaking her hand. 

"Anytime. Remember to come by next month." We both nodded our heads.