Chapter 11

~Not Edited~

I woke up groaning, my eyes slowly fluttered opened, i squinted my eyes looking around to see i'm still in the hospital which caused me to sigh i really hate hospitals, turned my head to see the door revealing Toni, he walked in shutting the door behind him as he looked at me. "Good morning." He walked over to the glass of the water on the table, handing it to me. 

I sipped some then handed it back to him when i was done, i smiled at him weakly. "Good morning." I tried sitting up which caused Toni to put the cup down and rush towards me helping me sit up. "Thanks." I said with a rough voice. 

He sat on the chair with his interlocked hands staring at me. "Are you okay?" He asked concerned, i nodded feeling really weak to even reply. 

I coughed which caused Toni to jolt up and pat my back. "W-why did this happen to me?" I asked weakly closing my eyes and re-opening it. 

He bit his lip looking at me then sat back down. "Yo-you were poisoned." I looked at him in shock, who would poison me? How did i even survive? Everything is confusing, who could possibly poison me? 

I inhaled then exhaled deeply looking down at my hands that didn't have my wedding ring on there, Toni probably has it. "Who would-" I was cut off by him. 

"I don't know, but i will find that person." He sighed rubbing his mustache. "Are you hungry?" He asked, i was about to shake my head but my stomach talked for me, making weird noises making me blush and look down. "Well i take that as a yes." He stood up making me look up at him. "I'll get you some food at a breakfast restaurant a couple of blocks away, i'll be back soon before you know it i promise." I nodded and he walked out leaving me alone. 

In this hospital room surrounded by flowers and get well balloons, i smiled at the things around me, once i heard the door open. "That was fas-" I cut myself off to see someone i didn't want to see Mary, my eyes widen as she shut the door behind her. 

She looked at me and smirked. "Hello darling." She walked over and touched my cheek making me flinch and move away from her touch, she grabbed my chin forcing me to look at her. "Was my daughter going to die a few days ago?" I looked at her in shock. 

I pushed her hand away. "You did it didn't you?" I felt tears sting my eyes. "You poisoned me! Didn't you?" I shouted. 

She rolled her eyes and leaned down. "I didn't do anything." She said staring me down. "I'm not that bad to poison someone i raised." A tear slipped out of my eyes looking straight into her emotionless eyes. 

I shook my head. "You stole me away from my real family then raised me as if i was nothing, you use to abuse me if i talked to anyone." I said with tears streaming down my face. "You took care of me for money." She looked away from me and at her hands. "You hate me, you could easily poison me." She looked at me with wide eyes.

She shook her head. "If you think i'm letting you go that easily, then you don't even know who i am." She said before Toni walked into the room. 

He looked at her with a clenched jaw, he glanced at me then back at her. "What the hell are you doing here?" He yelled, she looked at him. "Get the fuck out!" He pointed at the door. 

She nodded making her way towards the door before she left  she turned around and looked at me one more time. "I don't hate you." She whispered before walking out of the room, leaving me in shock with tears streaming down my face.

Toni looked at me setting the bags down and walked up to me, he cupped one of my cheeks with one of his hands then pulled me into his chest wrapping his arms around me. "I don't want to see her anymore." I sobbed into his chest.