Chapter 31

Chapter 31: House Shopping. 

It had been a day since Holly was kicked out of the Mansion and everything has been intense. Jennifer and Jordan have been arguing since yesterday, also Jordan didn't let Toni have a break which worries me since today his eyes were completely red from the computer last night. He had come to bed at three in the morning and woke up at eight for work. 

I barely even saw him. Kevin is still not back since he's with Brianna. Travis and Anna aren't on speaking terms and Katherine has went on a vacation away from all this Drama. My mother left the state today because she needed to visit her sister in Chicago. 

I had finished getting ready for today. (Outfit on top) I slipped my shoes on tying the lace before standing up. I walked over grabbing my purse and walking towards the door, shutting the door behind me as I made my way down the stairs. 

"No! You don't get it Jordan!" I heard Jennifer scream at him. It had been the third fight they've had so far. "You have to believe me. Your mother is trying to tear us apart. She didn't succeed the last time that's why she is trying again." She snapped agressivily. 

I walked into the dining room to see Jennifer and Jordan centimeters apart glaring at each other. "Stop, blaming shit on my mother!" He shouted back, causing her to flinch. "You are slowly starting to make me rethink a fucking divorce." She tensed at the word divorce.

"See what she's doing to us? A divorce? After what we've been through you are thinking about that!?" She screamed. I cupped my mouth in shock. "Why are you making your mother so innocent? Hm? When she blackmailed our son and his wife to have sex, when she clearly wasn't ready!" Jennifer turned her head and her eyes landed on me. 

I awkwardly stood there staring at the two. "I'm sorry for intruding at a wrong time." Jordan sighed shaking his head as Jennifer put a stray of hair behind her ear. 

"No. You didn't I was already done." She muttered, storming out of the dining room. 

I awkwardly twirled my fingers around. I swallowed hard stepping towards Jordan a little. "I know this is a bad time but..." I trailed, he looked up at me. 

"No, tell me what you need." He pulled the chair sitting down, rubbing his head due to stress of the fight that happened a second ago. "What's it about?" He looked up at me curiously.

I interlaced my hands together. "It's about Toni." I responded, he looked at me concerned. "I believe you should give him a break." He looked surprised as the words fell from my lips. "He's growing tired and not getting enough sleep due to all the work." I let out a breath. 

"Toni is soon going to be the owner of that company. And the reason why i'm not giving him a break is because he needs to know what responsibility is." He sat up, interlocking his hands placing it on the table. 

I put my lips in a line. "He does know what responsibility is. He's the only one that has been working hard for you, he deserves a break. The more you give him work the more he stays up, he gets less sleep, stressed, frustrated. He'll grow sick due to all of the work you've put on him." I told him softly. "Please, just give him a break." I watched him stare up at me with narrowed eyes. 

I bit inside of my cheek watching his every move as he sighed standing up, walking towards me patting my shoulder. "As you wish." My body relaxed in relief. "I'm on my way to the company i'll give him the break." A smile formed on my face, my eyes flickered to his.