Chapter 13

~Not Edited~

Chapter 13: The kiss and problems. 

My eyes fluttered open as i yawned covering my mouth, i turned over to come face to face with a sleeping Toni, i sat up grabbing my robe putting it on then throwing the sheets off my body letting the cold air hit me making me shiver. 

I quietly made my way to the bathroom, i stripped out of my nightgown then threw it in the laundry, i went into the hot shower washing my hair and body, with my shampoo and body wash when i was finally done i dried myself with my towel. 

Throwing on my undergarment then outfit i quickly put on, i looked my face in the mirror remembering my father's words. 'don't cry when i die' i blinked away my tears before walking out of the bathroom to see Toni leaning against the headboard sleepily rubbing his eyes. 

He moved his hands away looking at me. "Good morning." His husky morning voice was heard. 

I gave him a small smile. "Morning." I replied softly as i turned around walking towards the door, i walked out and went into the guestroom my mom was sleeping at, i opened the door to see her crying with her head in her hands. 

I frowned with tears forming in my eyes as i made my way towards her, she looked up at me opening up her arm, i ran into them wrapping my arms around her. 

"Shh." I rubbed her back feeling a lump in my throat, i pulled away wiping her tears. "You promised dad you wouldn't cry." I said trying so hard to not make my voice crack. 

She sniffed nodding. "I know, sweetie i know." She struggled to not cry. "But i can't." She bursted into tears again. 

I felt my tears spring free from my eyes as i pulled my mother into my arms. "I know mom." I said rubbing her back up and down. "Get some rest." We pulled away and she nodded laying down on the bed, i pulled the sheets over her body. 

I kissed her forehead before turning around and walking out of the room, i shut the door leaning against it, tears swelled up in my eyes i quickly blinked them away as i wiped the tears on my cheek. 

I stood straight walking downstairs, i sighed walking to the dining room to see everyone sitting the eating in quiet, Toni looked up at me as he swallowed his food. "Good morning sweetheart." Jennifer said softly, making me break eye contact with Toni.  

I let out a shaky breath and nodding my head not trusting my voice. "Come sit down." Jordan said, i quietly walked over sitting in between Toni and Katherine. "I'm sorry for your loss." I nodded at him, looking down at my hands. 

"Good morning! Family!" I looked up to see Sara walking in with biggest smile on her face, she sighed in happiness as she sat down across from me. "Life is great, isn't it?" She said. "Mali please get me some fruit since this week has been great for me." I drank some water. 

"We just had a funeral!" Jennifer argued, Sara turned her head towards her sending her a careless face. 

"But it wasn't like i was related to the man." She said carelessly as she threw an orange in her mouth. 

I looked at her in shock, what happened to respect the dead? I put my head down standing up from my seat and walked out of the dining room.