Chapter 2

~Not Edited~

Chapter 2: The Engagement party and the Aunt. 

Today is the day i will be engaged to the devil, my mom and Jennifer bought me a engagement dress already it is so beautiful (Engagement dress on top) The both helped me slip it on, then they sat me down and Katherine was doing my makeup while my mom was curling my hair. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, i guess this is it, i'm getting engaged to a guy who doesn't like me nor talk to me, i will never experience love, i sighed. "And we are done!" My mom exclaimed excitedly. 

I slipped on my white bumps then stood up looking at myself in the body length mirror, i looked really pretty, i smiled but then i remembered who i was getting engaged to, my smile slowly went down, i let out a breath, i heard a knock on the door, and my mom went over and opened it, it was my dad. He came up to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "My little girl is getting engaged." He said. 

We pulled away i looked down. "Getting forced to get engaged." I stated making his smile turn into a frown, i looked at Jennifer. "Can we go to the party now?" I asked, she awkwardly nodded, then came over to me and grabbed my hand leading me towards the car. 

We got into the car and the driver took us to the party, my parents were in the car behind us. Katherine looked at me and held my hand smiling, i gave her a sad smile. The car finally came to a stop, i got out of the car with the help of Katherine and Jennifer, camera flashes started going off yes there was paparazzi, i looked down and walked towards the entry. 

Once i walked in, i saw Toni standing there talking to his dad with a bunch of guest, i slowly walked in with his mom and sister, while my parents were behind me, he looked up and looked at me, his gaze stayed on me as i walked towards him, i felt really awkward under his gaze. 

Once i made it towards him, he flashed me a fake smile. "We should get the engagement party started!" He yelled making the guest clap. 

We went on stage, we walked towards the table and sat down, watching some people dance and the others talking to each other, taking pictures, stuff like that. Jordan came up to us with a big smile. "I'm proud you agreed to this marriage son! And as for my future daughter in law, i'm glad we found someone like you." He said, making me nod and flash him a fake smile, i tried making it as real as possible. 

"Thanks dad." Toni said with a clenched jaw, looking mad. 

I looked at my hands not wanting to look up, i felt tears form in my eyes. Jordan nodded and smiled then walked off stage. "Toni it's time." Jennifer said. 

I looked at the confused, Toni stood up. "Can i have everybody's attention please!" He said making everyone go quiet i looked at him confused. "I didn't do a proper proposal, all i did was say babe i love you will you marry me and without a ring but i wanted to do a proposal during our engagement." He lied, he turned around and went on one knees in front of me. 

I felt my heart speed. "Layla since the day i met you i fell in love with you, you looked so pretty in that park, that day in the park all i could think of was how i wanted you to be mine, and that day you said yes to being my girlfriend you made me that happiest man alive, yes i kept it a secret from everyone because then they would have eaten me alive by asking so many questions." He lied. "Layla i love you! Will you marry me?" He asked with a fake smile opening the ring box.

It was a beautiful diamond ring but This is all a lie it makes me want to cry, i saw my mom giving me the look of say yes, while my father was burning holes in my face, i nodded. "Yes." I said shyly, he got up and put the ring on my finger then bent down making me close my eyes, which caused my breath to hitch in my throat, i felt his lips right on my cheek.