Chapter 10

~Not Edited~

Authors note: Hello! To all my readers if you want you can make a cover for this book and notify me so i could look at it! I will put them in each chapter and give all of you a shout out the one that i like the most will be the official cover of this page and i will put your name in the description! 

~~~~~~~~ 

We all sat at the dining table eating in silence, i looked down at my food playing with it not feeling hungry, i didn't bother raising my head up to meet Sara's glare, i felt someone tap on my shoulder making me look up to see Toni looking down at me, he looked at my full plate. 

"Why aren't you eating." 

"Not hungry." 

I put my fork down, i turned to Lori who sat there eating very uncomfortable, i quickly looked away from her before she sees me looking at her. "Do you want to go walk?" Toni asked, bit my lip and nodded. 

"Can she come?" I asked before we stood up, knowing she will be uncomfortable sitting here with them and meeting Sara's glare, Toni looked at her and nodded. Toni stood up and walked over to her whispering something to her, she nodded and stood up making me also do the same thing. 

Jennifer looked at us confused. "Where are you going?" She asked confused. 

I looked at Toni waiting for him to reply. "We are going for a walk." Lori looked at my Jennifer and smiled. 

"We can walk together, while they can walk separately from us." She told Jennifer, she nodded and stood up, they walked ahead of us out of the dining room, Sara looked at me and Toni with a clench jaw. 

We walked out of the dining room and walked out the backyard, we started walking in the grass, i touched the roses we were passing by, since i was a little kid i loved roses they were my favorite flower. I pulled one off and twirled it in my hand as we walked. "I heard you were joining the company." I looked at Toni who was looking ahead of us. 

I nodded. "Your father asked me." I turned my head and looked at our mothers talking and laughing which caused me to smile. "So i agreed." I finished looking back at him. 

He nodded looking at me meeting my eyes. "Good." He kept repeating. "You will be starting tomorrow, Kat forgot to tell you." I looked at him in shock, the turned my head biting my lip nervously. 

I heard him chuckle. "You don't have to be nervous." I let go of my lip and looked at him confused. "It's easy." I raised my eyebrow, he looked away from me. "Okay, maybe not." I smiled and looked down at the red rose. 

 I lifted it up to my nose smelling the beautiful smell. "I have never been around people before." I said causing Toni to look at me confused. "When they would send me to school, the threatened me not to talk to people, and if i did they would punish me." Just thinking about it made tears well up in my eyes. 

"What would they do?" I kept myself quiet playing with the flower in my hand, Toni grabbed my hand stopping me from walking. "Layla? What would they do to you?" I looked down, i felt his fingers on my chin lifting it up so i could look at him. 

Tears slipped out of my eyes. "Burn." He looked at me confused. "They use to burn me with a hot poker." He looked at me in shock, i moved my hair out of the way showing him the painful scar on my upper arm. 

His lips opened slightly as he grabbed onto my arm examining it. "Why would they? These people are disgusting." He looked up at me cupping my cheek, wiping the tears away from my cheek. 

I moved my face away. "They burnt me because they thought i had friends." Thinking about that day made me want to throw up. "But i never talked to anyone or tried making friends." He removed his hand and just stared at me, i turned around and continued walking.