Chapter 8

~Not Edited~

Chapter 8: Monsters. 

It's been four days since I've read that letter and seen those disgusting monsters, i was in my room laying down with puffy eyes and uncontrollable tears would come out every second thinking about how i was stolen from my real parents, i heard the door open and close, i didn't bother looking knowing it was Toni, I heard the steps getting closer to the bed. "Layla?" I heard him.

I opened my eyes looking at him with my red puffy eyes sitting up. "I'm going to work, if you need anything call me." I nodded, and he grabbed his suit jacket walking towards the door, before he left he looked at me one more time then walked out of the room.

I sighed and laid back down, letting the tears that formed in my eyes fall down on my cheek, i heard my phone ring, i turned over and picked up my phone from the nightstand beside me reading the caller Id: mom, i shook my head and threw my phone across the room, i held onto my head crying. "I hate her, i hate him, i hate them." I cried. 

I stood up and walked to the bathroom, going to the sink turning on the water splashing water on my face, i looked at myself in the mirror, admiring myself, i looked lifeless. i had black circles under my eyes, my eyes were super red, my nose was red also, i looked pale and skinnier. 

I stripped out of my clothes and walked into the hot steaming shower, i felt more tears rushing down the more i wiped them away the more it would come out. After an hour of taking a shower i got dressed. (outfit on top)

I dried my hair leaving my hair wavy and not doing my makeup, i grabbed my socks then slipped on my white converse on, i went towards the door and walked out shutting the door behind me, i went downstairs and saw Jennifer talking on the phone with someone. "No, thank you." Once she saw me and flashed me a smile. "I will talk to you later, bye." She ended the phone call and came towards me when i made it to the bottom of the stairs. 

She held onto my forearm looking at me with sadness. "Are you okay?" She asked making tears form in my eyes, she sighed and pulled me into a hug. "I don't understand why they would do this." She rubbed my back, i wrapped my arms around her waist, i felt her kiss my head. "Shh its gonna be okay." I pulled away from her, she stared at me with tears in her own eyes, she brought her hand to my cheek wiping my tears away. 

I rubbed my forehead. "I just don't understand why." my voice cracking, i heard footsteps behind me, i turned around to see Katherine running up to me pulling me into a hug. 

I heard her sniff. "You don't deserve this." She pulled away, i closed my eyes feeling tears forming, the bell rang causing Katherine to groan. "Samantha can you please go open the door." She told the maid who was just staring at us with a concern face then nodded and walked towards the door. 

She opened the door and the voice i never wanted to hear, was heard. "Where is my daughter?" I heard her say. 

The maid glanced at me. "Miss, i'm sorry but your daughter doesn't want to see anyone right now." She made an excuse. 

"No! I want to see her, she is my daughter, now move you maid." I heard her say with disgust, how doesn't she feel guilty? Calling me her daughter when i'm not, i saw the maid being pushed and then i saw the disgusting monster coming into the house without any respect. 

She gave me a smile, but i just stared at her with a blank face, she walked up to me and pulled me into a hug but all i did was stand there. "Me and your father missed you." She pulled away smiling at me but when she looked at me closely she looked at me confused. "Layla, what's wrong? Why do you look like that? Did they do something to you? Are they hurting you?" She asked making Jennifer look at her in disbelief.