𝟎𝟑𝟏

Destroy the Mastermind

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        You knew something serious was going on between Sakura and Monokuma, but you never expected her to be a spy.

"Huh?! What the hell're you talkin' about?!" Mondo demanded.

"He said the spy is Sakura," Byakuya said.

"No, that can't be true! Monokuma's just making things up to turn us against each other!" Taka yelled.

"He's right!" Hina exclaimed angrily, "There's no way Sakura's a spy! Right, Sakura?" Sakura didn't reply, just looking down. "Sakura...?"

"And I might just make Sakura fulfill the promise she made sometime soon..." Monkuma said, "And if she doesn't... I can't be responsible for what might happen to that hostage of mine... Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. What you guys choose to do with that information is up to you. Roast her, boil her. Kill her, don't kill her. Whatever! Puhuhu... Either way, I can't wait...!"

With that, Monokuma left. You glanced at Sakura. You didn't want to believe it was true... Sakura was always so sweet and polite! It was hard to think of her as a spy...

"So... what're we gonna do now?" Mondo asked, cracking his knuckles, "I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want a spy to be wandering around among us, boy or girl."

"Mondo, stop... Just... please don't..." You uttered, lightly grabbing his hand to stop him.

"I... whatever..." He huffed, looking away in an attempt to hide his reddening face.

"There's no way Sakura's a spy!" Hina exclaimed.

"But that is wh-what the stuffed animal said, r-right?" Toko rhetorically asked.

"Well, he's wrong! There's just... no way!"

"Well, Sakura? If he's wrong, all you have to do is tell us," Kyoko said.

Sakura was quiet for a moment before replying, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier..."

"What...?" Hina uttered.

"I'm sorry..."

"So you've b-been lying to us all this t-time?" Toko asked angrily.

"I-It's not true...! Sakura was probably... being controlled!" Hina said, trying to defend her, "There's gotta be some... some reason! She didn't have a choice, she was just... forced to do it!"

"That may be the case..." you muttered, thinking back to what you saw in the gym..

"Do you live in some sort of alternative reality fairy tale?" Byakuya rhetorically asked, a cocky smirk on his face, "She was the mastermind's tool. You absolutely cannot trust someone like that."

Hina was about to object, but Sakura stopped her, "Please, stop. You don't need to defend me anymore. I have to take full responsibility for this..."

"How do you intend to do that?" Kyoko asked.

"By destroying the mastermind."

"What...?" Makoto muttered.

"I'm going to challenge them. Even if it means we both go down, I will defeat them. That is how I intend to take responsibility."

"H-Hold on! What do you mean 'if you both go down'!?" Hina exclaimed nervously.

"Hina... I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this... I'm sorry to you, too, Y/N..."

Your eyes widened in surprise, not thinking that she would mention you, too.

"What...?" Hina muttered.

"I didn't know what to do. I went back and forth about confiding in you again and again... But I was scared. I thought if I told you, you might think less of me."

"Sakura... Don't think like that..." You said in an attempt to make her feel better.

"I'm sorry..." Sakura said before walking out of the gym.

Ding dong, bing bong

"Mm, ahem, this is a school announcement. It is now 10 p.m. As such, it is officially nighttime. Soon, the door to the dining hall will be locked, and entry at that point is strictly prohibited. Okay, then... sweet dreams, everyone! Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite..."

"Well, it's nighttime. We should all go to bed," Byakuya said.

"Hold on! This whole thing with Sakura is-!" Hina began.

"Over. She's our enemy. There's nothing more to discuss."

"No! Sakura is NOT our enemy! ... Why...? Why doesn't anyone understand her...?"

"What is it you think you understand?"

"I-I-!"

"Let it go for now, Hina. Talking about it isn't going to help anything," Kyoko said.

"B-But...!"

"Go to your room, cool down, and we can continue this discussion tomorrow."

Hina didn't have a reply and instead stormed back to her room. You sighed, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the events that just occurred. You started to walk back to your room, thinking about Sakura the entire way.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

𝓢𝓾𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂 𝓢𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें