𝟎𝟎𝟓

Baking; Competition

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Ding dong, bing bong

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

You sat up and stretched out your limbs.

"Morning already...?" You uttered sleepily as you rubbed your eyes.

As you got out of bed, you heard a knock at your door. You reluctantly went to see who it was. Standing there was Junko. She was already dressed and seemed pretty energetic.

"Morning!" She said.

"Morning... How do you have so much energy so early...?"

"Oh, y'know, just wanted to see my favorite person! I was just wondering if you wanted to spend the day with me."

"Hm? Oh, sure. Let me get ready, first."

You were going to close the door when Junko stopped you from doing so.

"I'll wait in your room. Don't worry, I won't peek."

You were a bit suspicious, but you nodded and let her inside anyway. You went to your bathroom, where you got dressed and brushed your teeth. When you were finished, you went back to your room to see that Junko was looking around, almost as if she was searching for something.

"What are you looking for?" You asked.

She yelped and turned to look at you.

"Jeez, don't scare me like that!" She exclaimed, not answering your question.

"Sorry..."

"It's fine. C'mon, let's go!"

She took your hand and left the room.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        You found yourself in the kitchen with Junko, teaching her how to bake croissants. She didn't even seem to be paying attention and was instead focusing on you.

"Junko, are you even listening?" You asked her.

"Hm? Oh, yeah!" She replied, quickly returning her attention to the croissants, which were now in the oven.

"I see the two of you are getting along quite well."

You both looked over to see Celeste, a small smile on her face.

"Oh, hi, Celeste," you said as she walked over.

Junko narrowed her eyes slightly, but she didn't say anything.

"Is that bread that I smell?" Celeste asked.

"Mhm! We're making croissants. Would you like some?" You replied.

"Why, of course. Who would pass up a free treat from the best baker in the world." You smiled and looked away bashfully, causing Junko to only get more frustrated, "Ah, my apologies. I seemed to have made you angry, Enoshima," she said, though her words weren't sincere.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        The three of you spent the rest of the day in the kitchen baking bread and cookies. Celeste and Junko were being passive-aggressive towards each other, so you had to be the one to keep the peace.

Before you knew it, the nighttime announcement went off. You all made your ways to your respective dorms.

You felt happy that you were able to get along with two of your classmates. Celeste enjoyed your company very much, though she didn't enjoy Junko's at all. And as for Junko... or rather, [REDACTED], felt as if her and her sister had competition.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════