𝟎𝟎𝟗

First Two Deaths

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        You woke up to the sound of somebody pressing on your doorbell profusely. You groaned and rubbed your aching head.

"Coming...!" You called out, slowly standing up.

You walked to your door and saw Junko. She looked terrified to her core.

"Y/N! Oh, thank god! I thought you were also dead!" She exclaimed in relief.

"Huh...? Wait... What do you mean...?" You uttered, feeling more confused and nervous than tired.

"Maizono's dead!"

Your eyes widened in disbelief. You quickly sped out of the room and looked around. You saw that one of the rooms was open, so you rushed inside of it. It was a mess, with scratches all over the walls and objects all over the floor. You looked to see that the bathroom door was open, so you looked inside to see the gut-wrenching sight.

Sayaka was sitting in the bloody shower, a knife sticking out of her abdomen.

Before you knew it, you were screaming. You stepped back and bumped into Junko. You looked at her, tears in your eyes.

"Junko! What happened?!" You exclaimed.

"We don't know yet... Everyone is gathered in the gym. We should go there," she said, lightly tugging on your hand.

You took one last look at Sayaka before Junko dragged you out of the bathroom.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        As you walked into the gym, you noticed that everyone, even Byakuya, were relieved to see that you were still alive. You also noticed... that Monokuma was there.

"Guys...? What happened...?" You uttered.

"Well, I thought that was obvious. Maizono is dead!" Monokuma replied, "One of you decided to kill her so that you could graduate! Someone's just following the rules. There's nothing wrong with that!"

"Y-Your lying... right?" Hifumi asked.

"Of course he's lying! I'm telling you, he killed her!" Makoto yelled.

"Nope, sorry. One of you is now a bona fide killer. If they wanted to, the one who did it could testify to that little fact."

"What...?"

You were still recovering from the shock of witnessing Sayaka's corpse to realize that everyone was looking around with suspicion.

"A-Are you serious...?" Chihiro uttered.

"Someone... Someone killed someone!" Taka exclaimed.

"It is amazing what some people are capable of," Celeste said, seemingly unbothered.

"Hey, hold on! Don't just assume he's telling the truth!" Mondo said.