𝟎𝟏𝟑

Serious Issues

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        'From the Hope's Peak Academy Executive Office: Throughout the years, we have been committed to shaping the youth who will one day shape the world. We have a long, proud history as an institution of higher learning with full governmental support. Our graduates enter society ready to take on active leadership roles in every major job field. However, Hope's Peak Academy must now lower the curtain on its glorious history for the time being. This decision was not an easy one to make, but serious issues beyond our control have made it necessary. But make no mistake - this is not the end for Hope's Peak Academy. We intend to reopen our doors as soon as the issues forcing our closure have been resolved. That being said, this is the end for now... And I would like to personally and sincerely thank everyone for your help and support over the years. For now, we are awaiting official governmental authorization to formally cease operations...'

"What does this mean...?" Makoto asked in confusion.

"Hmm... The contents of this letter are quite interesting indeed," Byakuya said.

"It's like Hope's Peak stopped being a school..." You said.

"That does seem to be the case," Kyoko said, "And judging by the amount of dust the letter had collected, it doesn't seem to have happened recently. If I had to guess, I'd say this letter could be at least a year old."

"But... That would mean Hope's Peak closed down at least a year ago... So why are we even here?"

"Most likely, the mastermind took over the abandoned building to put on this little performance," Byakuya replied.

"But... that doesn't make any sense... It wasn't closed down when we first got here, which was only a few days ago...!"

"Plus, if the school had shut down, don't you think it would've been in all the newspapers and stuff?" Makoto added, "I mean, you're saying it could've happened over a year ago, right? But before I got here, I looked stuff up online about the school and never saw anything about this."

"That must have all been part of the mastermind's plan. They lured us all in here," Byakuya said, "Someone who could create a place to judge and execute people could potentially be capable of anything. Of course, that's all assuming that this letter is real."

"If it is real, though, that does solve one mystery surrounding the school..." Kyoko said, "The reason there are no other students here could be because the school had already closed down."

"That would be a nice, simple solution, it's true. But then... what about this other part?"

Byakuya pointed at the letter: 'This decision was not an easy one to make, but serious issues beyond our control have made it necessary. But make no mistake - this is not the end for Hope's Peak Academy. We intend to reopen our doors as soon as the issues forcing our closure have been resolved.'

"What did they mean by serious issues?" Makoto asked, "That's apparently why the school had to close... Is there any connection between that and what's happening to us now...?"

"If the two events are in fact connected... uncovering that connection would be a useful clue, on top of figuring out the mastermind's motive..." Kyoko said, "Although I can't really say any more until we find more details."

"So, in other words, only the mastermind knows the truth right now," Byakuya said.

"Anyway, now I have a pretty good idea what's on the 2nd floor," Makoto said, going on his way back to the dining hall.

You decided to stay back and continue looking around before going as well.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════