𝟎𝟏𝟖

New Motive

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        It was now nighttime, and you were getting ready for bed.

Ding dong, bing bong

"Ahem! School announcement, school announcement. Nighttime is quickly approaching, but before it arrives... All students, please gather in the gym immediately. Emergency! Emergency!"

You groaned and looked down at your clothes. Instead of your usual outfit, you were now in your pajamas, which was a soft shirt and long pants that were F/C (Favorite Color).

You didn't feel like changing, so you put on some comfortable shoes and left your dorm. You walked to the gym tiredly, wondering what Monokuma had in store for you all.

You made it in the gym and saw that everyone was already there. Nobody really acknowledged that you were wearing pajamas except for Toko, who was staring at you with a hungry look in her eyes.

"Hmm... Asking us to gather together all of a sudden like this... What could he possibly want?" Taka uttered.

"Indeed. What might await us this time?" Celeste rhetorically asked.

"Hmhmm. He keeps things interesting, that's for certain," Byakuya said with a smirk.

"How is that funny? Can't you smile like a normal person once in a while?" Hifumi asked, "Like how the housewife on a classic TV show smiles at the end of an episode?"

"There's something totally messed up with you if you can laugh at a time like this!" Hina said angrily.

"Which of us is actually 'messed up,' hmm?" Byakuya asked.

"Wh-What's that supposed to mean...?"

"Nothing in particular. Just admiring, that's all... I don't want to kill anyone, but I also don't want to stay here, living in blind denial day after day. I was just admiring how you could live like that and still keep your sanity."

"I'm not in denial..."

"That reminds me. Remember how you kept talking about how the police or whoever would come help us? How'd that turn out? It seems to me there's no sign whatsoever of possible rescue."

"Th-That's just... I wonder what actually happened."

"It's strange, that's true," Kyoko said, "There's no way the police wouldn't know about it. We're right in the middle of a major urban area."

"The police suck!" Hifumi exclaimed.

"On the contrary, the mastermind may be just that powerful, to take control even of the police," Celeste said.

"Oh! This might not be related, but-" Hiro began.

"Then don't say it," Toko said.

"Nope, gonna say it! It's about last night. I was near the main hall, just staring off into space. When all of a sudden... I heard it."

"You heard what?" Chihiro asked.

"A sound that... I don't really know what it was..."

"Wh-What kind of sound?" Taka asked.

"Well, like I said, I don't really know. But if I had to describe it... it was like... a construction site, I guess?"

"A construction site...?" Makoto repeated.

"I mean, I could just be making that up. I only just barely heard anything..."

"Then you d-definitely made it up. M-Must've just been the sound of the ocean in th-that head of yours..." Toko said.

"Say what!? Whatchoo talkin' about, Toko!?" Monokuma exclaimed, popping up on the stage once more.

"He's arrived..." Kyoko muttered.

"What Hiro heard wasn't the sound of construction... but it could have been an explosion!"

"... What...?" You uttered in confusion and slight surprise.

"Or maybe a machine gun! Puhuhu... That can kinda sound like construction in a way!"

"What are you talking about...?" Makoto asked.

"Ah-ah-ah! Beyond this point, my mouth is zipped, my lips are sealed, I am fully puckered! It's a secret little secret!"

"Fine, then let's move on to what you can tell us," Kyoko said, "Why did you call us all here?

"You don't beat around the ol' bush, do ya!? Ready for me to get to the point, huh? But before that, you mind if I vent a little? I'm low on energy these days. My stiching's even losing all its shine and luster... I'm thinking, it's probably become of this ho-hum, boring old everyday life. I'm looking for something with a little more stimulation, something rife with danger and intrigue. Listen, can I just be frank? The next blackened hasn't shown up yet, and I'm getting booooored! So, I've decided to come up with a new way to motivate you!"

"M-Motivate...?!" You exclaimed, not feeling as tired anymore, "Do you mean that you're going to show us more videos or something to drive us to murder...?"

"Drive you to murder!? What a mean thing to say! Just awful!"

"I don't know what you've got planned, but we're not going to kill each other anymore!" Taka exclaimed, "No matter what you do, I swear to God we won't!"

"Hmm. That's very big talk. Do your very best to back it up, okay? Now then, with your permission, let me begin! So, this time it's... embarrassing memories and secrets!"

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════