Chapter 70

When Dylis came down in order to prepare food for his wounded friend, he found Ophelia on the couch looking at the wall with puffy eyes. Her halos were half the size of her eyes and her skin seemed to have gotten paler than it was. Holding with both hands was a mug of what he believed was chamomile tea in order to calm down her nerves. It smelled like she added some honey because it gave off a sweet aroma. Dylis knew, he was a house-elf after all.

"Is Miss going to be alright?" Dylis asked softly, walking towards his friend.

She didn't move an inch, didn't sketch a sign that she heard him or that she was aware of his presence. No. Ophelia's attention was focused on the mirror above the chimney from which you could see every entrance in the living room. Something was shining brightly on her finger, red and silver combined into the image of a pale snake with fire in his eyes. Tom. He hurt Cerberus for information, he murdered people left and right because they were irrelevant to whatever he desired, and most importantly, he was playing a dangerous game with his own daughter. Did he think she was like his followers? Did he believe she was blind to what Death Eaters signified? She could see better than anyone, she watched death fill the eyes of one who dared defy him.

"Miss," Dylis stepped closer to her, his eyes staring with worry as he fidgeted unsure what to do next. "Should Dylis make Miss Ophelia's favourite strawberry tart for dessert?" He asked changing the subject.

Finally, Ophelia took her eyes off her ring and looked at the sole thing that differentiated her from Tom. Dylis was caged like an animal too in the same basement under the same roof by the same family. But she saved him and he looked happy.

"Strawberry tart sounds perfect, Dylis. Thank you," she replied with a smile.

The house elf nodded, his ears rising as he brightened up. That was all he needed in order to sigh in relief and get to cooking.

But Ophelia remained seated and her father's words rung through her mind like an unwanted echo.

It took her several more hours to get out of that state. She walked in the garden and stared at Spinnard's fountain for a while, or maybe she was surveying the backyard since she knew there was darkness lurking in the forest. Dylis wasn't sure but he was glancing every so often just to make sure she was alright. When that was over, she verified the chimney and then she went upstairs to check on Cerberus. She opened the door and tip toed to his bed, trying to be as quiet as humanly possible. Cerberus was deep asleep, his forehead covered in sweat, his eyes squeezed shut as if he had a nightmare. He was only covered up to his chest and he has been bathed and tended by the house elf but she could still see the scratches on his arms and the bandages under his shirt. It was a horrible sight but she didn't leave this time; no, she brought a chair and stayed by his side, holding his hand tightly in order to assure him that he was safe now.

When dinner came around, Dylis brought food for both. Cerberus opened his eyes and poked fun at how gunny he looked with two swollen eyes but Ophelia didn't laugh.

"You should go back to Hogwarts. It's not safe here, especially after your last stunt." He said in between bites.

"I'm not leaving until I make sure you're well enough to walk." She replied shortly.

"I have Dylis to act like my nurse. You need to return. I'm sure Tom's really pissed with what you did."

"I don't care. I will save my family no matter what are the consequences." She answered, quickly stuffing her face in embarrassment.

Cerberus looked at her with love and joy but he couldn't help add.

"He's family too."

"Not if he hurts the people that I care about. Father will learn to listen to what I have to say too if he wants me to trust him."

Through Her EyesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara