Chapter 38

Dueling with Fleamont Potter was a lot more fun than Ophelia expected. Two hours passed as fast as two minutes and her condition was not bad, compared to a duel with Spinnard. Fleamont also liked to use diverse spells and curses that Ophelia never heard of before.

"Never forget that it's all in the wrist. Even a small stretch can make a difference between you and your opponent. Better watch him for a while and attack only if you really have to. It's best not to leave with wounds." He added while they walked back into the house.

"Mr. Potter, why did you accept to come? You don't really know me and have your own son to bother with."

Mr. Potter was surprised how blunt she could be. It was also interesting how she chose her words, describing taking care of a child as a bother.

"I have many reasons to help but there is one in particular."

"Is it about Dumbledore?"

"No. Well, I guess yes but Dumbledore is not the main reason why I accepted. Let's say it's a family favor."

Ophelia raised an eyebrow, curious what that meant. Did Fleamont know Lillian in any way or maybe Peverell? She was ready to ask when she heard a familiar scoff.

"Hurry up. Fleamont has a family to return to." Spinnard scolded her forgetting one small detail.

"I do too. I have the Molleys."

Spinnard scoffed and rolled his eyes, taking her answer as nothing but random commentary.

"He is not a bad man. You can trust him." Fleamont mumbled, patting the tense teenager on the shoulder.

The green eyed girl looked up at the man innocently but even Fleamont could see the snake in her eyes.

Lunch was far better than Ophelia expected. Cerberus seemed to have decided to stick around for a while and for some reason Spinnard didn't seem to mind.

"Don't you have a family, Cerberus?" She asked while eating, disregarding Spinnard's cold attitude.

"I do. I have my mum and dad and two older sisters. All of them like traveling, especially America."

"I meant one of your own." Ophelia corrected herself, keeping her eyes on the brown eyed man.

"That's not your business." Spinnard spoke for the first time but kept his eyes on the plate.

"I suppose since both of you are meddling into my life, it's only normal for me to be curious who you are." She answered as if she was an adult which surprised the men.

Cerberus sensed a sudden change in Spinnard and they both knew why the color in Ophelia's eyes darkened and she seemed to think more in depth.

"Lunch is done. Go into your room and wait there until Rabastan comes." Spinnard ordered, getting up and starting to clean the table.

Ophelia felt her hands tingle but shrugged it off and left the room. While she was passing through living room she could hear Cerberus' voice.

"He's watching us through her eyes. Maybe we shouldn't drag Potter into this. He still has a family unlike the rest of us." He said before he closed the door.

Ophelia narrowed her eyes at the wooden door before she went upstairs.

"I had a life before Dumbledore blackmailed me into his plan." Luce mumbled, sitting back down.

"Come on, Luce. We agreed to help because we've gotten the letters. We promised Vernon, all of us."

"We're all going to die." Luce added,already imagining his demise. "And I bet my life that she will kill us, not her father. The connection between these two is more powerful than Dumbledore imagines."