Chapter 64

It might have been smarter to discuss it with Severus rather than act by herself, but since they were pressed by time Ophelia and James took matters into their own hands. It just happened none of them had any idea what they wanted to achieve from Zabini.

It started with James acting suspicious during lunch and dinner (the only time he was in the same place with the older Slytherin) and it went so far as to ask other students about him; lousy students.

"So, Littlewood, I've been thinking about your crush on Zabini." He started in a louder voice than the short girl wished.

"Why?" Lily asked eyeing the glasses boy before she turned to Sirius. To be frank, Black seemed to have other stuff to bother himself with such as a Hufflepuff sending him letters every day.

Black, right. Ophelia was surprised when the letters started to come and come and come every freaking day. It was not from one girl from one house but several, even from Slytherin. It was odd how Sirius seemed to glow this year as if he found the cure to death. Luckily, the girls kept him busy enough for Potter to sneak around with Ophelia.

"He's in the same year with Evan Rosier, right? Sixth year. You have little time left to snatch him for yourself. I'm only trying to help you here, to have at least one adventure in Hogwarts." Potter said with a smile not quite registering the fact that he offended his housemate several times in one paragraph.

Ophelia shook her head, feeling no need to correct him for he knew it wouldn't matter. On the other hand, she was curious what kind of person was this present Zabini.

"He's not involved in the dark arts, I can tell you that much. But he's a good duelist and a better Quidditch player." Rabastan answered when she asked, right after dinner that day. She had to run to keep up his quick pace.

"Aren't you going to ask me why I'm suddenly interested in Zabini?"

Rabastan only took a glance at her green eyes and shrugged.

"No need. I don't care."

"What about the training in the Room of Requirement? Will I be informed when they begin again?" She asked hopefully. Rabastan sighed but didn't give her an answer.

On the way back to the common room she caught glance of Regulus going towards the kitchen. She raised an eyebrow but couldn't quite follow him because a messy Gryffindor ran up to her. It was no surprise to see Arthur Weasley run around with muggle stuff in his hands.

"What's wrong, Arthur? Is a Slytherin following you?" She asked taking a glimpse behind him.

"What? No! It's professor Eynon. He noticed my interest in muggles and has been giving me lots of objects to try out. Isn't he such a nice professor?" Arthur exclaimed his eyes sparkling in the light of the torches.

Ophelia acknowledged the fact but did not know what to say in response. She took a quick look over the objects overflowing from Weasley's arms but they were all rather boring stuff. Ophelia bit her lip and gave up for the day.

It didn't go better afterwards. Potter would pester many students for information (although never Slytherins) and Ophelia found nothing to connect her to her new duelling master. Actually, she tried so hard to be bad at it that Regulus was growing annoyed.

"Can you at least try once or twice? How can I know my level if you don't take it seriously?" He hissed while they were returning to the Great Hall for dinner.

"I do take it seriously but it's not like you will become better from the first few lessons. I'll test you at the end of the year." She said smiling thinking she did him a favour.