Rain

Demi swore she'd only been in the back for a few minutes at most, but when she walked back out, it was pouring. Only moments before, the sun had been out, and now there was a growing river running down the street. She stared open-mouthed, leaning over the counter and hoping that it wouldn't continue on for too long because her shift ended in an hour and she hadn't brought an umbrella.
The bell over the door broke her concentration on the rain, and she turned to see you step inside, dripping wet and out of breath.

"I'm sorry, you're still open, right?" You kind of looked like a wet puppy, glancing at her with wide pleading eyes, and Demi's heart jumped. It didn't help that you were super cute either. She would have said yes even had she been closed.

"We are. That came out of nowhere, didn't it?" You nodded your head, and rain flew as you did, making Demi giggle a bit.

"You look like you're freezing, I'll make you a latte," she said, grabbing a cup. "Any flavor you particularly like?" You shook your head, and again, rain flew

"I'm fine with anything, I'll leave it up to you." Demi shrugged her shoulders and set about making the drink, as she was pouring the milk into the canister so she could froth it she remembered the extra uniform. An ex employee had left it, and nobody else had any use for it, so it just sat in the back, unused.

"Hey, I know those clothes have to be freezing, we have an extra uniform you can borrow if you want to." You seemed to consider it, but Demi could tell that you were cold because you were shivering and the clothes you were wearing were soaked through.

She gave you a small smile and put the milk under the frothing wand before walking to the end of the counter and nodding her head towards the back.

"Come on, I'll show you."

Technically, customers weren't allowed in the back, but Demi made sure to keep you away from the dangerous stoves, so she was sure it would be fine. Plus, she didn't think a customer dying from hypothermia would be a good look for a store either.

"Here it is," she said, pulling the uniform from wear in lay folded. "The changing room is right there past the lockers. Unfortunately, we don't have a dryer or anything here but I can get you a bag for your wet clothes."

"I'd appreciate it," you said, giving her a grateful smile.

"It's no problem. I'll go finish your drink, just come out when you're done."

It was only when Demi got back to the front of the store did she allow herself to think about what was happening, and she took a moment to thank the rain for sending in such an attractive person. Suddenly, it was her lucky day.

When you came back out, hair a bit drier and the uniform on, your drink was ready and she handed it to you with a smile.

"Thank you again," you said, taking the drink and holding it tightly between your hands. "I really couldn't afford to get sick right now."

Demi raised her eyebrows and leaned against the counter, which was also technically against the rules but the store was also technically closed so she didn't feel like many of the rules applied right then.

"Yeah? Why's that?" You laughed softly, and Demi once again thanked the rain gods because you were so cute.

"It's nothing huge, I guess. But I have a test in biology that I can't really miss." Demi winced.

"That's definitely something big. I'm guessing there's no retakes?" You nodded your head and sighed.

"No retakes." The rain was still pouring, and Demi glanced outside.

"It doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon," she commented. "You can go ahead and make yourself at home. I'm Demi, by the way." You gave you a grin.

"I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you. Especially since you're totally saving my butt right now." It was Demi's turn to laugh.

"It's nothing, really. I'm glad for the company. How about we get to know each other while I close up the shop?"

Outside, the rain continued to pour, but inside it was warm, and for once, it wasn't a boring night. You stood in front of her, eyes sparkling, and she knew her flirting was working.

"I'd like that."