Chapter 42 Spring has Come

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

ARC 3 Chapter 42

Spring has Come

Everything is normal...

Everything is normal, supposedly.

But Tiao Reinshun doesn't feel normalcy towards her Xiong. Since he came back from Night Snow Village, Wei Wuxian has been constantly acting weird. One moment he talks nonstop, mostly about nonsense; the next moment he went quiet.

Tiao Reinshun observes this weird behavior and ask their siblings Myo Ning and Myo Qing of when it started and if they knew the reason, but both claimed they don't have a clue, but they told her that it just started the morning after Wei Wuxian shared a room with Lan Wangji at the inn they have stayed, after leaving the Night Snow Village. The lack of information made Tiao Reinshun frown.

"By the way Sis Rein."

"Hmm?"

"Where did you go after our fight against the Evil Phoenix?"

Tiao Reinshun knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean? I was there? You sure?"

"Yes! Hua-shidi said that Bro Yu was also there."

"But that's impossible... we're in Wangxian Valley and investigated the case of kidnapped beauties."

The three could only went silence while staring at each other, all three are confused and felt weird on the events at Night Snow Village, and just like Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, they all question the presence of the people that helped them.

~~~***~~~

Irritation brewing within Tiao Reinshun upon the sight of her Xiong.

Marching while riding their horses are disciples from different sects. Flowers were showering them from high towers thrown by many ladies, surprisingly Tiao Reinshun received way many than to anyone, but this isn't what irate her. Most guys are waving their hands towards them, and Wei Wuxian is among them.

'He is trying so hard... but for what? Just what in earth did happen between him and Wangji-xiong?' this, this is what boiling her irritation.

Wei Wuxian's shamelessness is something coming out naturally, so when Wei Wuxian is trying to hide something, he'll play shamelessly by force and ended up like a shameless fool instead.

Though, if she would compare her Xiong's current shamelessness she could use Wen Chao as an example, but with a little tone down. At least Wei Wuxian isn't look like an annoying pest flying above the flowers.

Tiao Reinshun could only sighs.

Today is an event prepared by five prominent sects: a hunting event for disciples of all sects. This kind of event will make the top disciple be famous across the world, along with their sect and whoever their shizun is.

Riding on horses are well-known disciples such as the head disciples of Zhuque Sect which are Wei Wuxian and his siblings, except O Zhangyao; The twin jades of Lan, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji; The siblings of Nie Sect, Nie Huaisang and his older brother Nie Mingjue; The hotheaded heir of Jiang Clan, Jiang Cheng; currently with Jin Clan's Peacock being a Sect Leader, there is no notable disciple to speak of.

On the far behind, marching by foot are various disciples from different sects who want to earn a name.

Why are they marching in foot? Because they thought that whoever arranged this event would provide gallant horses for all participants, but upon arrival at the event does they've learned that the horses are provided by each of their own sects. Thus, this set up.