Chapter 34 Within the Snowstorm

A white robe being blew lightly by a wind, fluttering amidst the sorrowful surroundings. Standing in the middle of now destroy small refugee area used by remnants of Wens and Yilling Patriarch is the well-known cultivator from righteous sect, Hanguang-Jun or Lan Wangji.

He was known to have stoic, icy cold, emotionless face, but right now, as he staring around the placed, he couldn't help but be sad. He knew—not that much but he knows that they are all good people, and Yilling Patriarch is protecting good ol' people against the greedy, full of pride cultivators.

Why is he here? Lan Wangji is supposedly resting at his seclusion house, deep within Gusu, he was punished for hurting thirty three elders from his own clan, punished for protecting a demonic cultivation practitioner.

What are they know?

They didn't know how heroic and righteous Yilling Patriarch is.

They didn't know anything about him.

They never try to look at him properly since he went to this single plank path.

They don't know anything.

And just like them, Lan Wangji awares that he himself doesn't know anything about Wei Wuxian either.

Why he chose this path?

Why he switches into demonic cultivation?

Lan Wangji doesn't know, and even he did ask Wei Wuxian, Yilling Patriarch doesn't trust him that much to answer him truthfully, to share his burden to him.

Lan Wangji halted on his steps and bow down, staring at the ground he was standing at. His upper lip bitten his lower lip until blood ooze out, his mouth opens gasping for the air, not caring about how would be dirty the wind around the place. He crouched down and pick something from the ground.

A long red ribbon that he so familiar with.

It's reddish color has been stain with much darker red, which Lan Wangji could say to be blood.

Whose blood?

There's only one person he could think of, and this realization made his eyes crystalize and soon tears stream down on his cheeks. He grips the ribbon with his both hands and place it to his chest, doesn't care how dirty it is, how his white clean robe get dirty by it, he just cry as he gripping on that lone item he found, that lone memorial of the person who used to be annoying teen, of that person that despite Lan Wangji's indifference has still save him, care for him, help him and concern to him.

No one would think that the ever so stoic, icy cold young master could cry, could fill the whole place of Burial Mounds with his sadness.

MDZS Fanfic

Red Strings of Connections

Chapter 34 Within the Snowstorm

The next day, the awkwardness continues.

Wei Wuxian still contemplating Lan Wangji's effect to him, while Lan Wangji feels dejected, so none dares to start a conversation even about their mission. Both are afraid that they would choke their own words making things more awkward.

Honestly, Wei Wuxian doesn't know why he felt so awkward towards him, after all he done many embarrassing shameful teasing to Lan Wangji; he could only sigh in defeat.

Seeing he could only ponder his head but no way of getting any answer, Wei Wuxian went up the mountain again to reinvestigate, to forget everything as well, hoping when he meets Lan Wangji later, he could again look at him straight; no more awkwardness, of him being back as a shameless young master of Zhuque Sect.