Worms

After they're gone, Lexa, Madi, and I get some food. We haven't eaten since the other people captured us. The rover comes back too soon, only after a few hours. Octavia practically falls out of the rover. I run over too her, and help her get to the medical tent everyone set up. Bellamy rushes in right behind me with a guard who's also in pain. "What happened?" I ask, as I grab medical supplies. Octavia screams in pain, and Bellamy explains. "We were in the desert when they fell to the ground. The guard was screaming that they were every where, and Octavia only said there was one. I didn't know what they were talking about, but I drove them back here." He says. Then I see it. "Somethings moving under her skin." I say. It looks like a huge worm or something. "Do what I do." I say to Bellamy, as the screams fill the tent. "They're everywhere. I can't get them all out." Bellamy says. I look at the guard, and Bellamy's  right. I can cut open Octavias arm and get it out, but there must be hundreds in the guard. "Get him out of here, and once he dies, burn him so the worms don't get out and into other people." I say sadly. Bellamy takes him away. "Ahhhh!" Octavia screams. "Get it out!" I put tight pieces of shirt around her arm to keep the worm in one place. "This will hurt." I say. "I don't care!" She yells. I cut into her arm, and grab the worm. I quickly put it into a jar. I stitch Octavia back up, and she tells me what happened. "I was just eating in the sand when I felt something moving in my arm. It felt like piercing pain that wouldn't go away, like it was biting me on the inside." She says. "How did it get into your body?" I ask, knowing it must not of been in the food, because then everyone would have it. She shows me a small cut on the back of her arm. "I got it when I was struggling with the people that held us captive." She says. "We need to find a different way to get to that camp. We can't go through the desert. It's not safe. Especially when everyone's going to be walking." I say. "Maybe there's a way through the woods. We can go in the same direction. We can leave tomorrow to scout again." Octavia says. "Are you sure you're ok for that? After that worm?" I ask. "Yes. I'll be fine. We'll leave tomorrow. Thank you for getting that thing out of my arm." She says. I nod, and she walks out.

"I heard the news." Lexa says, as she walks in the tent. "Those worms sounded horrible." "Where's Madi?" I ask her. "She's with your mom. Madi likes her." Lexa smiles, and then she blushes. I give her a confused look. "We have time on our hands right now don't we?" Lexa asks, as her blush gets even more red. By her expression I know what she wants to do. "Looks like we do." I smile. "There's gotta be a private place around here somewhere." I say. I grab Lexa's hand and lead her to small sleeping area in the tent that's marked "Commander." I kiss her gently, and my hand travels to her jaw, then lower. I take off her shirt and bra, and she does the same for me. We slip off each other's pants and underwear,  and we lay on the bed together. She smiles as she gets on top of me.

————
Thank you for reading this chapter!
Say anything here!