Anger

I get thrown into a room and the door shuts behind me. Over the next few days, guards come in and give me food, and they ask me if I want to see Lexa. Of course I don't want to see her. I can't even look at her after what she did. So every time they ask, I say no. After what I'm guessing is a week, the door opens. I expect to be guard, but it's not. It's Lexa. I turn away from her. "What part of I don't want to see you was unclear?" I say harshly. "I respected your wishes for a week Clarke. You will be returned to your people tomorrow morning." She replies. Why would she get rid of me? I thought she needed me. "Why would you go through all that trouble to capture me, just to let me go?" I ask honestly. "I went through all that trouble to save you." She answers. "You know when I could of used saving? When you abandoned me at Mount Weather!" I yell. "Clearly you didn't need my help." She says calmly, showing no emotion. "Clearly." I say. "You're angry Clarke. But I know you. What you've done haunts you. And it's easier to hate me then to hate yourself." "I can do both." I say angrily. "What would you have done if they offered you the deal? Save your people at the price of mine. Would you really have chosen differently?" "I don't betray my friends!" I yell at her. "But you did. You had friends in Mount Weather." I cant believe she just said that. If not for her I wouldn't of had to do what I did. "Those deaths are on you too." "It helps no one to dwell on the past and that's not why I'm here." She says, as she walks a little closer to me. If she gets any closer I'll punch her. "You're right I'm not just letting you go back to your people. I want your people to become my people." I'm a little shocked by that. "I'm offering skaikru the chance to become the 13th clan in the coalition. No one would move against you because that would be moving against me." Lexa says. "Leave me alone! I'm done. I left." I say. I could never go back to everyone after I left them. "You can't run away from who you are Clarke." I look down, not being able to meet her eyes. "Join me. Now before me and your people will be safe." My eyes snap up to hers. "Bow before you? You don't give a damn about my people. I know why you're here. I made you look weak at Mount Weather, and now the Ice Nation is exploiting that. Well if you want the power of Wanheda, kill me. Take it." Her expression stays emotionless. "Otherwise go float yourself because I will never bow to you!" I yell. She walks out.

A couple hours later Prince Roan of Azgeda walks in. "What are you doing?" I ask him. "We have a common enemy wanheda." I let him continue. "The commander. She betrayed both of us. She left your people to die, and she won't lift my banishment. If you kill her, my banishment will be lifted, and you will get your revenge." I think about what he says. "Here." He hands me a knife. "Call her in, and slit her throat. Tell me when it's done." He says, before he walks out. I think that's a good idea, I want my revenge.

I tell one of the guards that brings me food to tell the commander I want to see her. A few minutes later, she arrives. I turn away from her. "You wanted to see me, I'm here." She says. I hear her come closer. I turn around, and I back her into a wall with my knife to her throat. I feel her tense up, but she doesn't try to fight. I wonder why. Her green eyes stare into mine. I try and read her expression. I see the pain and regret in her eyes. "I'm sorry." I hear her softly say. I didn't think she cared that she left me. This shocks me, and I back up and drop the knife. I realize I'm not mad at her, because I probably would've done the same thing she did. I realize I'm mad at myself, for killing hundreds of people. Innocent people. My friends included, and people that helped us. "I never meant to turn you into this." Lexa says, and I hear the sadness in her voice. "You're free time go. You're mother is waiting outside. I'll have you escorted to her." Lexa starts walking away. "Wait!" I yell to her. "I have a better idea. I don't want to, but I will. I will bow before you and skaikru will become the 13th clan." She nods. "I will get everyone ready in the throne room, I'll have you escorted there when everyone has arrived." With that, Lexa walks out.

————
Thank you for reading this chapter!
I loved writing these scenes!
Say anything here—>
✌🏻