Vow

Soon a guard tells me to put certain clothes on, and warpaint. He then escorts me to the throne room. He tells me to walk in there and bow, and then Lexa will speak.

The doors open to the throne room, and I walk in. I see many people including grounders, my mom, and Kane. Lexa is in front of me, standing in front of her throne. I walk up to her, and get on one knee. Then I bow my head. I can hear everyone in the room do the same, but I only feel Lexa's eyes on me, and no one else. After a moment, everyone gets up, and so do I. "We are here today to add skykru to the coalition." Lexa says. "They will become the 13th clan. I hear no one protest, but some people have questioning looks. "We will also welcome Clarke, legendary wanheda, and mountain slayer. In order for skykru to become the 13th clan, their leader must bear our mark. I hear my mom tell Kane to take the mark. "Present your arm." Lexa says to Kane.

After Kane gets the mark branded onto his forearm, I hear the doors slam open. I see Bellamy, Octavia, Pike, and more of my people. "The summits a trap!" Bellamy yells. Everyone looks confused. "What is the meaning of this?" Lexa asks angrily. "The Ice Nation sent in an assassin." Bellamy says. "How did you come by this information?" Lexa asks. Bellamy turns around. "Where's Echo?" He says. Then his radio goes off. "Bellamy. Mount Weather." I hear Raven crying. "It's all gone. Ice Nation destroyed it. They're all gone." She sobs. The information that Bellamy got must of been wrong and the Ice Nation destroyed Mount Weather instead. Many of our people were in there. "This is an act of war!" Lexa yells. I hear someone from Ice Nation say, "Skykru shouldn't of moved some of their people in there. Ice Nation did what you were too weak to do!" He yells to the commander. "Guards, arrest him and the prince!" They take them out of the room. "If they attacked mount weather they could attack Arkadia next." My mom says. "Go back to Arkadia, we will avenge the attack together." Lexa says. "Come on Clarke." Bellamy says to me. "I need an Ambassador from the 13th clan to stay here." Lexa says. "It's not safe here." Bellamy replies. "Clarke will be safe under my protection." I walk up to my mom and hug her. "I have to stay. I need to make sure Lexa keeps her word." My mom nods and walks out with the group, but Bellamy walks up to me. "She left us to die in that mountain. She will always put her people first. You should come home to yours." Bellamy says quietly enough so only I can hear, but I can hear the anger in his voice.  I hate that he brought that up. I don't want to think about that. "I'm sorry." I say. He walks out.

Everyone clears the room, except Lexa, Titus, and I. "I hope you know what your doing." I hear Titus say to Lexa before he walks out too." Lexa turns to me. "I keep asking myself, how did Ice Nation know there was a self destruct mechanism inside mount weather?" I say to Lexa. "We will get the answers soon Clarke." Lexa looks into my eyes. "Thank you for staying." She says softly. I can tell she's sincerely glad that I did. "I did what was right for my people." I say, but as soon as I say it, it feels like a lie. It felt like when I told Lexa I needed her. It's the truth, but there's another reason, and I just don't know what. "Our people." Lexa corrects me. I walk closer to her. "If you betray me again." I start to say, not knowing what I'd do if she did. "I won't." She says quickly. In an instant she gets on her knees. "I swear fealty to you, Clarke kom Skykru." She stares into my eyes. "I vow to treat your needs as my own, and your people as my people." She says. I hold out my hand, and grabs it, getting up. Her grip is firm but her hands are soft. After she gets up I forget to let go for a second, but she does. "I'll have you escorted to your room." Lexa says, as she walks away.

————-
Thank you for reading this chapter!
One of my favorite Clexa scenes is where Lexa gets on her knees and vows to treat Clarkes people as her own.
Say anything here—->
✌🏻