Posion

After the death ritual is over, we have to head to a different part in TonDC to have dinner and make a plan to defeat mount weather over the next week or so. We walk in a line, guards all around us. I walk next to Lexa. Occasionally she looks at me, and when I catch her gaze she looks away quickly. Once I pretended to not see her staring at me, and she kept staring for a while. I didn't know why, but occasionally I found myself staring at her too.

Once we got to a tent in TonDC, we all went inside. There was a huge dinner table and food already there. I stand at a seat across from Lexa. Kane gives the grounders wine. They accept it warily. "Clarke. Let us drink together." Lexa says, after she pours the wine into her cup and mine. She raises her glass. "To those we've lost, and to those we shall soon find." She says. Gustus offers to drink hers, which I think is weird, but I don't question it. Once we drink, Gustus drops his glass and falls to the ground. He starts shaking. "Poison!" He yells. "They tried to kill the commander!" Indra yells. Lexa looks at the wine. "Search them! No sky person leaves this room!" Lexa turns to me. "When you plunged the knife into the heart of the boy you loved, did you not wish it was mine?" I stand there, shocked, not able to speak as she stares at me. I never wished it was her. I knew she had to get justice for what Finn did. I wish it was me. Finn killed those people because of me. And he died because of me. Right as I'm about to say something, a grounder yells to the commander. "I found this on this one!" He holds up a vile that came from raven. "Tie her up." Lexa yells. The grounders grab raven and bring her outside. "Lexa stop! We didn't do this!" She keeps walking and ignores me. Gustus gets up and follows her out. It doesn't make any sense. I know Raven wouldn't poison  the drink. I run outside and see that they are tying her to a tree. Just like Finn. I have to think of something. "Justice will be served this time." I hear Lexa say right before I hear raven cry out. The grounders take turns cutting her. And then I think of what happened. "Stop!" I yell. I run up to Lexa. "We didn't try to poison you. I can prove it." I grab the bottle from Kane. I drink out of it. Lexa looks shocked. "Explain." She says. "The poison wasn't in the bottle. It was in the cup. My people didn't try to kill you, one of yours did." Before Lexa can say anything Bellamy speaks up. "It was you." He says to Gustus. "Gustus would never attempt to harm me." Lexa says. "The target wasn't you. It was the alliance. He poisoned himself so you would think we did it, to break the alliance. "You've been accused Gustus. Speak the truth." Lexa says to him. "The alliance will cost you your life Heda. I couldn't let that happen." "And this treachery will cost you yours." Lexa replies coldly. They let Raven go. Raven runs to us and mutters a quiet thank you to me. They tie Gustus up instead. Once he is almost dead, Lexa goes up to him to finish it. "Stay strong." He chokes out. I can see the pain in her face even though she is trying to hide it, as she stabs him in the heart.

———
Thanks for reading this chapter!!
Tell me something here——>>>
✌🏻