Less than 6 months

Clarke's POV
Once we get back to polis, I head to Lexa's room with her. "Thank you for coming back here." She says. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her gently. She kisses me back passionately. Her hands travel from my neck to my chest. In the middle of this, I hear a noise coming from the radio that Raven gave to me. I break our kiss, and I see disappointment quickly flash across Lexa's eyes. I smile. "We'll continue this later." I tell her. She smirks. I pick up the radio. She holds my hand as we listen to what Raven is saying. "We're all going to die." I hear Raven say. Me and Lexa say "What?" At the same time. Raven explains that power plants are melting down and the world is going to be filled with radiation. At first there will be black rain that burns us. Then there will be no drinkable water. There will be a huge wave of radiation that will kill all of us. "Is there any way to prevent it?" I ask Raven. "No." "This can't be the end." I say quietly. Lexa wraps her arms around my waist, holding me close. "I will try to find any possible solutions. I'll call you back as soon as I find anything." "How long do we have?" I ask. "A little less then 6 months."

I turn off the radio, and Lexa sits down on her couch. I cuddle up next to her. I put my head on her shoulder, and she puts her arm around me. With her free hand, she holds mine. "Raven will find a way out of this." Lexa tells me reassuringly. "I hope so." I say.

A couple weeks go by, and Raven finally radios. "There might be a solution." She says. "We found some people from Floukru with radiation burns from eating the fish. Which means the radiation has already started in certain areas. We tried to help the three people and brought them into the Ark. All but one died. The thing is, the one that didn't die has night blood. That must be how they survived the radiation before." Lexa looks at me happily, but then her face turns confused. "Which natblida?" She asks Raven. "Her names Luna." Lexa's expression is unreadable.  "So what do we do?" I ask Raven. "Their blood is immune to radiation. Even more immune then ours. So we can use their blood, if they let us." "Good plan. Radio back when you have enough blood to help many of us." I say. I turn off the radio and turn to Lexa. "What is it?" I ask her. She sits on her bed, and I sit closely next to her. "Luna is the eighth natblida. She fled the conclave that made me commander. I didn't even know she was alive until now. She was like a sister to me." Lexa says. "You'll get to see her again." I say to Lexa. "I know. I just don't know what to expect. I haven't seen her in 6 years." She says.

After about a week, Raven radios again. "Luna let us take blood from her. But it's not even close to enough. We need another solution." I look at Lexa worriedly. Then I think of something. "What about an underground bunker? Aren't those able to survive radiation?" I ask Raven. "It's a possibility. But we would need a huge bunker to fill everyone in polis and Arkadia. I'll try to find another solution, but for now I'll wait until Luna is strong enough to give us more blood."
——-
Thank you for reading this chapter!
Say anything here!