Chapter two: Answer to Rimnley

Sometimes I "exist" in life. Sometimes I "live". The reason: Because I'm on the steady rollercoaster of joy and pain. Joy from the life I'm given. Pain from the life that I haven't let go of. I'm sure we are all haunted by this never ending rollercoaster. The question that lingers? How do I get off? The answer is simple: Take on that rollercoaster. Even if you scream the entire ride or cry. Life is going to have those moments of pain. It is up to you on whether or not you live in that pain or live through it. Eventually, we will all come to the end of the rollercoaster. Little did I know, my rollercoaster ride is just beginning.

Since my eventful encounter with the Ashley man, I have kept an extra guard up for any more unexpected head-on collisions. Even though the man (Mister Ashley), didn't seem like a bad man, I still feel a rather uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. It is a weird feeling that, for the life of me, I cannot point out. Maybe it is because, I am not used to those types of encounters, let alone used to being chased all the way to the parking lot of my favorite cafe. What a life.

"And he chased you to your car?!" Karen exclaims, throwing her head back in laughter.

"Yes, all the way to my car. I swear I thought he was going to drag me into an alley," I stress, eying my amused sister with annoyance.

I don't even know why I came here. I came to visit my sister about and hour ago. Within the passing hour, the Ashley man came to mind. Still a little uneasy with the encounter, i thought it would behoove me to tell Karen; just in case something happens to me. I thought maybe she too would be worried and give a piece of advice. Apparently, this is gut clenching funny and even a partial "sign".

"I honestly think you are over thinking it, little sister. Plus, it happened over a week ago," She nonchalantly shrugs.

"But, what if he shows up. What will I do then?"

She shakes her head, sipping her tea silently.

I don't understand the amusement in this. Maybe I am a bit paranoid. Could that be it? A little human interaction shook me up a bit? I just don't know.

After taking a few more sips, Karen runs her fingers through her almond locks, sighing softly.

"Listen, the dude probably liked what he saw. You left your book, he returned it. It's not a big deal Autumn. If he you see him again, then maybe it is a sign,"

She stands from her couch, her locks flowing along her slight movements as she walks towards her kitchen. I ponder silently on her assumptions. I am not one to believe in fate or destiny. I believe that if something happens, it happens because I took the initiative to make something happen. I don't need an apostle to tell me if I am destined to be something, let alone be with someone.

When Karen returns, I ready myself for a continuance of her "fate and destiny" speech. It doesn't come. Instead, she changes the subject, leaving the last of our conversation in the dust. Before I knew it, it was nine o'clock and definitely time for me to retire to the sofa of my own.

"Alright little sis, behave and watch out for sexy, bad men who wants your number," Karen jokes, as I step onto the driveway.

I give her a small, playful glare before turning towards my car. I swear my sister needs help.

Upon arrival to my own mid-town apartment, my mind retraced the evening that I met the Ashley man. Why my mind continuously travels towards that night, I do not know. Maybe it is something about him that intrigues me? Maybe Karen was right, it could have been fate that I met the Ashley man.

No! Snap out of it Autumn!

I quickly shake off the thought. Karen, being right? Yeah right. Karen is well known for giving bad advice and even worse speeches. From my recollection, because of Karen's "great advice", I missed a future prom date with Nicholas Rainy. Nicholas Rainy, the man of my dreams from junior high all the way into my senior year.