Chapter 40- Happy Birthday Mommy

Part forty

Julie's POV

It's now June. Graduation is in three weeks. I got my acceptance letter to community college. Riley got accepted into pre-k for next school year. My mother is finally out of the hospital. Lissette is still figuring out what she's going to do with her son. She did name him though, his name is Mason Taylor. Completely different from the names she made us choice between. Anyways, things have calmed down a bit.

The calm before the storm.

My mom is going to be starting chemotherapy soon. Chemotherapy is basically just prolonging life. I don't know if I want to put my mom through that. But I did ask her what did she want to do, and she wants to do it.

I had just woken up, earlier than usual. I was just laying in bed. Riley and my mom are still sleeping. My alarm finally goes off. I turn it off immediately. I check the date on my phone.

June 7th.

It's my birthday today. I completely forgot with everything going on lately. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Few minutes later there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Yes" I answered.

"Mommy" Riley spoke.

"I'm coming" I laughed. I finished up and opened the door for her to come inside. I helped her out a little bit and brushed my teeth as well as hers. My hair was an oily mess, I have to wash it later.

"Let's go get dressed" I said guiding us back to my room.

I took out her favorite pink Vamperina shirt and some black leggings. I also took out her blue fluffy sweater since there's still a nip in the air even though we're June. Regardless on that, the early mornings are a little chilly and theres AC in the daycare center. I put on her black high top Van's and laced them up for her.

"If you get hot later, you can take off your sweater, but put it in your bookbag" I explain to Riley. She loves the sweater because my mom brought it for her, let's hope it she does take it off that she remembers to put it in her bookbag.

She nods her head but I doubt she was paying attention to what I was saying. I made her a pb&j sandwich to eat now while I get dressed. I left her in the kitchen and quickly went to get dressed.

I put on some blue Jean's and blue and oranged striped long sleeve shirt. Its thin so if it does get warmer out then I should be good. I also put my pair of black Van's on.

I went to see Riley and she was watching Barbie on her tablet while eating her pb&j sandwich.

"I thirty mommy" she said once she heard me come on. I went into the fridge and got her a juice box. I put the straw in the box and handed it to her. I went to get her brush and my spray bottle of water so I could do her hair once she's done eating.

When she finished she just sat there watching Barbie, giving me the perfect opportunity to do her hair. I did a simple style today. I brushed all her hair to the top of her hand and put it in a bun.

I went to do a low pony with my hair parted on the left side. I got some gel and water to sleek it. The water is a contrast because I don't like too much gel in my hair.

I grab my bag and make sure my things are in it. I grab a bottle of water for me and put it on my bag. I also grab one for Riley and put it in her bookbag. Its not like she carries books in it.

"Alright Riley, you ready to go?" I said once we got back to my room.

"Let's say bye to mom" she mumbled and went to the other side of my room to open the door. I went to help her and my mom was already awake with the TV on.