Chapter 10- Trouble in Paradise?

Part Ten

Julie's POV

And there he was. I've officially lost him. To her.

"Man, I've gotta stop acting like a bitch" I mumbled under my breathe as I look away.

Riley was spending time with my mother at the park today. Which I didn't mind since she was much easier to deal with when we went outside, she liked being outside so she would get distracted instead of cry.

But it hurt just as much standing here by myself to see Jackson holding Natasha's hand from across the table. I just so happened to have passed by the Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins.

I hate myself for pushing Jackson away, but maybe its for the best. He's so into his date with Natasha he hasn't even noticed me staring at him. Even though I'm not that close to the Dunkin Donuts, if he turned his head slightly he would notice me.

I feel like I'm stuck, like I can't move from this spot as I stare at them. I watch Jackson smile, the way he used to when we were dating. Then I look at the way Natasha laughs at whatever it was Jackson was telling her.

It was probably something stupidly funny too.

My vision suddenly gets blurry and I do nothing about the tear that starts running down my cheek. As it lingers on my chin I wipe it away and start walking away before Jackson actually does notice I was starring at them this whole time. That would make this situation worse.

As I walk away I realize I'm probably never going to have that with Jackson ever again. I blew it a long time ago. It'd be best if we just stay friends for Riley's sake.

After reaching the end of the next block I realized I was suppose to go in the other direction to get McDonald's for Riley, my mother and I to eat for lunch.

*verrr verrr*

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket and reach for it to see who's calling. It was my mom.

"Hello" I said rocking side to side.

"Hola mija, esperanos en McDonald's (Hi sweetie, wait for us at McDonalds)" my mom said into the phone.

"Why" I said mentally panicking because that means I would have to pass Jackson and Natasha again.

"Because we've been here for over an hour and Riley's over it" she laughed as I head the stroller rolling on the concrete through the phone.

"Ok, so then I'll see you guys there" I said as I slowly, very slowly made my way back in the direction I just came from.

I took baby steps as I walked over to the otherside of the block. I did everything I could to delay getting past Dunkin Donuts, which wasn't much since I only made it a block away when I was walking back home.

I crossed the street, back in front of the Dunkin Donuts.

I walked a bit faster so I didn't have to make myself glance at the window that showed the view of the perfect couple.

But subconsciously I turned my head and meet Jackson eye because he was already looking at me.

So I panicked and came to a complete halt. I nervously wave at him and send him a very small smile so he doesn't think I did this on purpose. He looked at me for a few more seconds and turned his attention back to Natasha, as if I wasn't even there.

Wow, thanks. How embarrassing.

I continued walking feeling like a fool for even looking. But I couldn't help it, my conscience got the best of me and I had to get a glance at them.