Chapter 11- People Get Curious

Part Eleven

Julie's POV

It's been a few weeks and it's now the end of August.

Summer flew by like no other.

Jackson has been busy dealing with his girlfriend Natasha, while I've been busy dealing with our daughter. The daycare had been great, they love Riley and it pays decently good. It's enough to help out my mom with some bills as well as provide for Riley and that's all that matters. Also because I work there Riley is going for free, they needed more employees so they gave me a chance.

She's getting bigger and bigger everyday. Potty training had been a process but were getting there. And she's doesn't shut up now, whether it's her baby language or english, she's always talking. Its the cutest thing. She's gotten comfortable with the caregivers and the other kids at the daycare that I feel confident leaving her during the day when school starts.

School is gonna be start in about two weeks. This is my last year, Senior Year. Senior year is already going to be hectic, now imagine being a mother during that time.

Jackson had been more distant than ever since Natasha's been here. He keeps trying to involve her into Riley's life and he knows I don't like that. And he claims that she's not going anywhere, but I think it's only a matter of time. I don't want to be rude, but I don't like her and I don't want her spending time with my kid.

"Mommy, look!" Riley said as we were walking to the daycare center. Well I was walk, she was in her stroller.

"Its tree" she said with a tiny lisp pointing.

"Yea baby, it's a tree with leaves" I said.

"Flowers!" She also said giving them her full attention until we walk past them.

"They so pretty right" I said amused. She does this all the time now, points and talks, trying to understand everything.

Once we get there she's fighting to get out the stroller so she could go play. I take her out and close up her stroller, putting it to a side where all the other strollers are.

I sign in for my shift as Veronica greets me with a little boy tugging at the skirt she's wearing.

"Hey looks it's Riley, go say hi" she said to the little boy distract him while she spoke to me, I think that was her son. He went running to my little girl and they started chatting, I think.

"Hey Veronica, what's up" i said with a smile.

"Hey, Julie, I was wonder what time are you gonna be able to be here once School starts. Scarlett has been nagging me to ask you, since she's always busy" she asked watching the little kids to make sure there's no trouble. Scarlett is the woman in charge along with a few other people. But she mostly let's Veronica hang things when it's summertime.

"I'm not entirely sure, because I have to see how many classes in going to get" I said truthfully but then added "but maybe around 3:30". Since my school is only a few blocks from here.

"Ok, sounds good" she sighed. She seems stressed about something

"What about you" I asked, since she's already started her second year of college this month.

"I'm still trying to arrange that, my schedule is looking like a bitch this semester. I also don't want to leave Jason here for so long" she sighed. Jason is her son, he's such a cutie and he loves playing with Riley even though she's older than him.

"It'll work out" I said.

"I hope so" and with that we went to work.

I was helping the little kids with coloring pages, we all sat in a circle with the crayons in the center so they could share.