Chapter 14- Please Say Something

Part Fourteen

Julie POV

It's officially the first day of senior year.

I'm still in bed wait for my alarm to go off from my phone.

As soon as it goes off, I shut it off. I don't know why I always wake up minutes before my alarm goes off, but I do. It's become a habit now.

I get up and go to the bathroom and do what I have to do. I start shaking Riley a bit so she could start waking up. I have to get her dress as well as myself so I could drop her off at the daycare. Ever since I started working there I woke up at around 7:30 am to get ready and wake Riley up as well since she comes with me. So in a sense, Riley is used to waking up around this time. But now that school is back in session we're gonna have to wake up at 6 am. So I could have enough time without rushing to get ready.

I grab leggings for Riley and a cute shirt that says "I don't wanna be a princess, I wanna be an astronaut" and some globes around the the bottom part of it. And some toddler vans, with the little straps.

I get dress right after, putting on jeans and my blue vans with a white shirt with a little globe on the left side, that says love your planet. Ironically matching with Riley, it wasn't planned. I swear.

It's around 7:25 am right now so I start packing Riley's little bookbag for daycare. I put little snacks, pull ups and wipes in her bag. Not too much stuff so she could carry it still and the daycare had other things if the kids need anything else.

I packed my bag last night with 2 three subject spiral notebooks and pens and pencils, so I didn't have to worry about it in the morning.

I put some product in my hair to enhance the curls and waves forming in my hair and I scrunch it around to also help. Then Riley comes over so I could do her hair too. I take my brush and I start to brush it into a high pony also putting cream in her hair to enhance the curls at the end of the ponytail. Once I finish I send her off. I put my keys and chapstick in my bag and try to think if I'm forgetting something.

I then hear my mother's door open and she comes out. She has the day off today, she insisted on watching Riley but not only did I want Riley to start having to do this every morning, I also wanted to give my mom a break. She deserves it.

"Good morning" she yawned.

"Hi mom!" Shouted Riley, she called her mom because I call her mom. There's obviously isn't anyone else to call her grandma so she just hears me call her mom.

"Morning mom" I said laughing at what Riley said.

"Breakfast?" She question walking to the kitchen to set her coffee up, to then use the bathroom, even though she might just fall back asleep after the bathroom.

"They feed them at the daycare, and I'm good" I said to her as I put Riley's back pack on her and I grab my bag.

"Okay, tenga un buen primer día de escuela" she said as we were walking towards the front door.
(Have a good first day of school)

"I will!" I shouted since I'm on the other side of the house.

"Say bye to mom" I told Riley and she shouted when I finished.

"Bye Rye!" Mom shouted back. I just laughed leading Riley out the house.

I open her stroller once we were down the porch steps and I strapped her in and placed her bookbag and my bag on the hook.

I walked and pushed until we got to the daycare. It was 7:45 am when I got there. I went in say my hello's to the staff and some kids that were already there. I unstrapped Riley and she came out, closed the stroller up and leaned it against the wall while talking my bag for school.