Epilogue

*five years later*

"Hey Corey, do you remember Fatty Joe from high school? You'll never guess who he got married to yesterday!"

"June."

"How'd you know?" I asked suspiciously, handing my newly folded laundry to Corey. We had just moved into our second apartment together, and were trying to get things organized.

"Facebook," He said with a smile. "Speaking of couples, Celery and Isabella got back together."

"Again? They've been on and off for so long, I thought they were done for good this time," I commented, unboxing my third pair of combat boots. Corey sighed and flopped on our bed, which was really just a mattress and a frame.

"Yeah, and Celine's baby is due soon. Caden called me the other day and wouldn't stop gushing about it," Corey said with a smile, whipping out his phone. "I'm gonna go take a piss."

I allowed him to slip past me and out of the room, hearing him walk down the hall. I continued to unpack all of our shit, stopping to read a text from Hazel.

how are things? anything new you'd like to tell me about? ramona and i will be over later

I scrunched my eyebrows together in suspicion. Taking a break to wait for Corey to come back, I replied with do you know something that i don't?

Hazel didn't respond right away, leaving me to lay on my bed and scroll through Instagram. Suddenly, a shout a came from down the hall, "Aveline, I need your help!"

I rolled my eyes and ignored him, only for Corey to tell louder, "Get your ass over here!"

With another groan I pulled myself up from the bed to exit the room. Upon opening the door, I was met with a shit ton of strongly-scented candles and Corey grinning at me like a maniac.

"What the hell is this?" I questioned, stepping around them trying to get to my boyfriend of five years. Without warning, Corey dropped to one knee and whipped a ring box out of his pocket.

"Will you marry me?" He had a cheeky, yet hopeful glint in his eye and suddenly I was tearing up. Too many emotions were flooding my body and I responded almost immediately.

"You're so cheesy, but I love you, so yes."