Chapter 7 - CCHS

*24 hours later*

"We'll still have our souls," Ash and I sung along to a Highly Suspect song as I drove. We snickered at each other in pure joy, listening to the guitar part. Ashton played his air guitar crazily, thick brown hair falling into his green eyes.

The song switched, and Ashton and I head banged to the new beat. Arriving at the mall, I swung into the parking ramp. Ashton laughed and the gripped the handle on the door so that he wouldn't fall over from my crazy driving.

"You're terrible at this," He chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" I jokingly questioned. I backed up into my parking space, the happy chemical coursing through my veins. I turned the music up so that it blasted loudly when Ashton opened the passenger door. I random person passing by looking confusedly at our car before hurrying away. I snickered cheerfully, turning off the car and stepping out gracefully.

I set the keys into my purse, following my brother to the entrance of the Mall of America. I really wasn't supposed to be driving, considering I didn't have a licence, but no one cared. I strolled along next to him as we pushed the doors open. I looked up at his face, grinning.

Ashton was suddenly being pulled by me towards a shoe store that held several different sneakers. We messed around in the store together, Ash even trying to walk in some heels at one point. After hours of fucking around in shop after shop, I was beginning to grow hungry.

Ashton and I made our way towards my favorite ice cream place. I picked out my usual chocolate dipped cone with vanilla ice cream, while Ashton closed his eyes and did eenie meenie miny moe.

"I'm getting whichever one my finger lands on," He dared himself. I looked around at the flavors, including ones he wouldn't like such as coffee, pistachio, and peanut butter. I laughed loudly when he landed on the birthday cake flavor. True to his word, Ash ordered a scoop of it in a cup. I reached to my back pocket for my wallet, but my older sibling beat me to it. "My treat." He declared, proudly paying for it. With a swift kiss on the cheek, Ashton handed me my ice cream.

I thanked him before making my way to a table for two. Ashton followed me and sat down across the table. I grinned at him and swiftly stuck my ice cream on his nose.

He let out a gasp, reaching up to touch his freezing nose. I took a lick of my ice cream, but Ash wanted revenge. He stretched his arm across the table, pushing the top of my cone up skightly so that it also jammed in my face. He snickered at my growl.

There was a comfortable silence where we just sat there looking at each other. Out of nowhere, both of us burst out laughing loudly, causing several customers to turn their heads at us, including Corey Beckett.

His eyes widened the slightest bit when he saw me, but Ashton started talking so I immedietly focused my attention on him instead. "Ya know, someday when you actually get a boyfriend, he's going to buy you ice cream from here and then you're going to tell him the story of us two coming here and shoving ice cream in each other's noses," He spoke, his eyes glazing over the slightest bit.

"Yeah, well that day won't come for a long time. I don't want a boyfriend," I responded nonchalantly. Ashton tipped his head back slightly and laughed.

"What I then, chop liver?" Corey questioned from above. I looked up to see him standing next to me with his own ice cream cone.

Ashton looked at him, then back at me, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. "Ooh, Aveline, who is this hunky piece of meat?" Ash asked with an adorable smirk. I snorted at him and gazed back up at Corey, who looked both mischevious and confused.