Chapter 34 - For Evigt

*four days later*    

It was 9 pm, and I was awake because Asher wouldn't shut the hell up. I'd just called Corey, and he was heading over. Tip-toeing down the stairs, I watched as he slowly opened my unlocked front door and let himself in. I halted in my place and observed his strange attire. 

"Why are you wearing your prom suit?" 

Corey looked up at my figure, which had begun to move down the stairs again. He simply replied with, "We're gonna go get drunk." 

"That doesn't answer my question," I retorted, slipping on my shoes. He only grinned wider, wrapping an arm around my waist and guiding me out of my house. Corey opened the passenger door for me to get in, my response being, "What the fuck? I can open the door on my own, what's up with you?" 

Corey remained silent as he then walked around his little black car and got into the driver's seat. Turning up the volume of what I thought to be the radio, I realised that Corey had bought a Highly Suspect album and was playing the sixth song on it (of course I had the order of the songs memorized). He drove me in silence until we came upon the bar that I went to with Celery. 

"Why'd you have my favorite band's music?" I questioned once we got out, only because I wanted to listen to the music in the car and not talk over the song. He just shrugged and began walking into the bar. 

We sat on corresponding stools, Corey order the both of us vodka cranberries with fake IDs. After our first sip, the tears started flowing. 

Corey was crying. 

My eyes widened in shock and I instantly set down my drink, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "Hey, what's wrong. Please don't be upset. I don't want you to be upset." Corey's eyelashes fluttered as he sucked in a breath, trying to compose himself. That made him break down again and sob harder. "Corey please, tell me what's up." 

A couple more tears leaked from his blue eyes before he stuttered out, "My parents told me that they didn't love me."

I watched helplessly as he continued to cry, before wrapping my other arms around his body and letting his head fall onto my shoulder. "Alright, just know there are people who aren't assholes that do love you. Cry all you need and then drink your problems away. I'll be right here the whole time," I muttered in his ear, not knowing what else to say. 

Corey pressed his lips into my shoulder blade quickly, letting the last of his tears run down his face. "I love you," He whispered, before repeating. "God, I love you." 

I let him say that, once again having no clue what to do. He sat up straight like before, composed himself and took a sip of his drink. I took that cue and let go of hi. We then got completely trashed, getting more wasted than either of us had ever gotten. 

€£€£€£€

*two days later* 

Ryder and I were together, the first time being just the two of us, in the school parking lot. That day was the last time I ever planned on going there. I whipped out the same key I'd used with Samantha the day we broke in at 2 am, using it to get into my old high school. 

Ryder and I entered to see June and Julia, just the two of them, standing in the main entrance hallway. Just like we planned. I was ready to be done with all the bullshit. "June Winston," I simply said, stepping forward to stare at her, making June slightly uneasy. 

"Aveline Summers. It's been a while since we had a civilized conversation.," She replied, also stepping in my direction. We both stood there for a moment before I started saying what I came there to say.