Chapter 47

Hey angles, thank you so much for your kind feedback and support! Xx

I will be away during this up coming month on vacation, so I apologize in advance if the next update isn't uploaded within that time. Aside from that, I hope you enjoy this new chapter, happy reading!

Don't forget to comment and vote

I wasn't at all surprised in discovering that Blake had a gym in his basement.  It triggered questions about him that I was curious to know the answers to. I wondered if he had gone back to the arena after he found out about Vince. The thought didn't settle well with me. Even with the knowledge that he has been brought up into the world of guns, violence and bad people. Despite the fact that I knew he could take care of himself. It still didn't settle my worry for him. Just the thought of him getting hurt made me feel sick. Memories of the arena, evoked an ugly feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I didn't like that place at all. It also didn't help that my first time being there was a traumatizing experience I had yet to forget.

With a shake of my head, I forced myself to focus on what was in front of me. The gym was pretty large, with the walls and ceiling painted white, and the floor built with a sponge like carpet, used for gripping.

Two circular colored lights were situation on the ceiling, casting down on Blake and I harshly. A variety of fighting equipment such as boxing gloves, punching bags, weights, etc was (messily) scattered around the gym.

My eyes zoning onto Blake, I mentally snorted. According to *mr know it all* over here, I was too weak. Obviously I knew this information about myself already, but determined to improve my strength so that I could become stronger, I kept my mouth shut. I listened, not once making a smart remark. This time he had my full attention. He began talking me through weights and which ones he wanted me to use. He didn't get me lifting big weights but the smallest ones he had, so that I made my arm muscles toned, not larger. The arm exercises weren't so bad, but it was the core exercises that killed me. He made it look so fricken easy!

"Harder!" Blake yelled at me from across the gym. I rolled my eyes, a deep scowl settling onto my face, before I punched the bag with more force then I had done before.

It was safe to say that Blake was a dick when it came to mentoring. Swinging my arm back again, I grunted as my fist came in contact with the hard surface of the punching bag. I had been hitting this damn thing for about half an hour and I have not once got it to move an inch.

"Why isn't this damn thing moving?!" I hissed. My fists were aching, and I was completely and utterly exhausted.

"Your not going to get the bag to move on your first day, but with time you will"

"We don't have time" I wheezed out, throwing another punch.

My body stiffened once I felt his presence from behind me. Something inside my stomach shifted at the feel of his chest pressed against my back. But I was determined to not let him effect me. I quickly straightened myself up. My knuckles felt numb as I clenched and unclenched my fists.

A small gasp escaped past my lips once I felt his rough hands slide down to my waist, settling onto my hips. My breath hitched in my throat once he swiftly twisted my body to the side, so that it was pressed up against his back leg. His breath trickled down my neck, as he moved his mouth to the corner of my ear.

"The power of your punch should come from your lower body" his voice was deep like velvet. I could only nod, afraid that my voice would give me away.